(BATESVILLE, ARKANSAS) Batesville, Arkansas superstar Billy Moyer wrapped up his successful 2012 campaign on October 26-27 at the Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, Mississippi. The 9th Annual ‘Cotton Pickin 100′ was held over the weekend at “The Mag” and a $15,000 winner’s check was on the line. On Friday night, Billy timed in second fastest in his group during qualifying and later won his loaded heat race. After rolling off from the inside of the second row in Saturday’s 100-lapper, Billy was a fixture towards the front of the field and eventually claimed a runner-up performance in his season finale behind only winner Jimmy Owens. Full results from the unsanctioned show can be viewed online at www.magnoliadirt.com.
Following the completion of the ’12 racing season, Billy and his famed #21 team can celebrate what was a tremendous year. In the sixty (60) races that they entered in 2012, Billy amassed sixteen (16) feature wins, thirty-four (34) top fives, and forty-three (43) top tens. The popular driver known as “Mr. Smooth” claimed a $10,000 top prize on six different occasions, besting talented Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, World of Outlaws Late Model Series, and UMP Summer Nationals fields. A complete list of 2012 accomplishments is noted below:
* $10,000 World of Outlaws Series Winner at Volusia (FL) Speedway Park
* $10,000 Lucas Oil Series Winner at Paducah (KY) Int’l Raceway
* $10,000 Lucas Oil Series Winner at Tri-City (IL) Speedway
* $10,000 UMP Series Winner at Tri-City (IL) Speedway
* $10,000 UMP Summer Nationals Winner at Tri-City (IL) Speedway
* $10,000 UMP Summer Nationals Winner at Federated Raceway (MO) at I-55
* $8,000 Unsanctioned Winner at Magnolia (MS) Motor Speedway
* $7,000 Lucas Oil Series Winner at Knoxville (IA) Raceway
* $7,000 UMP Series Winner at Volusia (FL) Speedway Park
* $5,555 MARS Series Winner at Thunderbird (OK) Speedway
* $5,000 MARS Series Winner at Federated Raceway (MO) at I-55
* (3) $3,000 ‘Wild West Shootout’ Wins at USA (AZ) Raceway
* $2,000 COMP Cams Series Winner at I-30 (AR) Speedway
* $2,000 COMP Cams Series Winner at Batesville (AR) Motor Speedway
* You can view all of Billy’s finishes for 2012 at www.BillyMoyer.com
BMR would like to thank the following sponsors for their continued support: Henderson Motorsports, Banner Valley Hauling, L&D Trucking, Car City, Clements Racing Engines, Cooley Transport, J&J Steel, Karl Chevrolet, Minx Show Palace, New Vision Graphics, Red Line Oil, Watters Autoland, Victory Circle by Moyer Race Cars, Allstar Performance, Arizona Sports Shirts, Awesome Racewear, Beyea Headers, Bell Helmets, Bert Transmission, BSB Manufacturing, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, Champ Pans, Cizmar, Crower, Dart Heads, Delph Communications, Eibach Springs, F.A.S.T., Hawk Brakes, Hoosier Racing Tire, Intercomp, ISC Racers Tape, Mason Racin’, Midwest Sheet Metal, MSD Ignition, Ohlins Shocks, Performance Bodies, Performance Rod & Custom, Peterson Fluid Systems, Rockhard Powder Coating, Stealth Carburetion, Sunoco Race Fuels, Sweet Mfg., Turbo Start Batteries, TWM Manufacturing, Weld Racing Wheels, and Wiles Racing Driveshafts.
The latest dirt on Billy Moyer Racing can be found all year long at www.BillyMoyer.com.
Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.