Poplar Bluff, MO – March 22, 2013 – Scott Crigler from Alton, Missouri bested a 35 car field of K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modifieds to take home the $2000 top prize in the 7th Annual “Bootheel 200” at Poplar Bluff Speedway on Saturday night. It was the 2013 West Plains Motor Speedway Champion’s first K&N Filters USCS Modified feature win.
The Missourian started from the K&N Filters Pole Position after winning the Wilwood Disc Brakes First Heat race on Friday night. Crigler then led every lap of the 30-lap main event and raced into the www.rockauto.com USCS victory lane just in front of Lucas Lee from Paris, Tennessee for the win. NASCAR veteran Ken Schrader from Concord, North Carolina who is a two-time 2014 USCS Modified winner finished in the K&N Filters Podium Award third position. Schrader was followed across the finish line by the 2012 and two-time K&N USCS Modified Series Champion, Ben Reed from Munford, Tennessee in fourth place. Preston Seratt from Dyersburg, Tennessee Rusty rounded out the top five drivers.
The 2009 USCS Modified weekly racing series Champion and West Tennessee open wheel modified hot shoe, Matt Cooper from McKenzie, Tennessee led the next group of racers in sixth place. Jim Gulley from Jonesboro, Arkansas followed Cooper on in seventh place. Terry Kirk from Urbana, Missouri finished in eighth place. Josh Tomlin from Hayti, Missouri finished in ninth place and Paul Reeder from Malden, Missouri completed the top ten drivers.
On Saturday night the final A-Main field was set via a B-Main/Last Chance race. Scott Burge from nearby Puxico, Missouri won the www.rockauto.com B-Main. Hometown hero, Jimmy Cornell from poplar Bluff, Missouri passed the most cars in the A-Main to earn the Comp Cams “Hard Charger” Award.
The next 2014 K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modified Series events will be during the USCS Sprint Car Speed Week at Jackson Motor Speedway in Byrum, Mississippi on Saturday, May 24th. For rules, current 2014 schedule and other USCS please visit www.uscsracing.com . With questions please call the series office at 770-865-6097.
K&N Filters USCS Modifieds results for:
7th Annual “Bootheel 200” at Poplar Bluff Speedway on Saturday, March 22, 2014.
K&N Filters USCS Modified Power Dash: 27 Michael Turner, 07 ben Reed, 9 Ken Schrader, 18 Matt Cooper, 29T Josh Tomlin and 12 Lucas Lee
K&N Filters USCS Modified A-Main – 30 laps $2000 to win:
1. 12 Scott Crigler, Alton, MO
2. 12 Lucas Lee, Paris, TN
3. 9 Ken Schrader, Concord, NC
4. 07 Ben Reed, Munford, TN
5. 29 Preston Seratt, Dyersburg, TN
6. 18 Matt Cooper, McKenzie, TN
7. 44 Jim Gulley, Paragould, AR
8. 55 Terry Kirk, Urbana, MO
9. 29 Josh Tomlin, Hayti, MO
10. 97 Paul Reeder, Malden, MO
11. 4p Jared Hays, Jonesboro, AR
12. 57 Chris Hall, Sikeston, MO
13. 00 Jon Gray, Jonesboro, AR
14. 51jr. Jimmy Cornell, Poplar Bluff, MO
15. 76 Dustin Casselberry, Malden, MO
16. J21 Jacob Davis, Millersville, MO
17. 27 Michael Turner, Paris, TN
18. G3 Ronnie Vernon, Friendship, TN
19. 99R Justin Roberts, Paragould, AR
20. 10 Michael Dodd, Caruthersville, MO
21. 2 Charlie Cole, Wynne, AR
22. 66 Jeff Hall, Jr., Sikeston, MO
23. 3 Scott Burge, Puxico, MO
24. D97 Daryl Hay, Donaphin, MO
25. 44 Rustin Miller, Houston, MO
www.rockauto.com B Main #1-12 laps 4 transfered:
1. 3 Scott Burge, Puxico, MO
2. G3 Ronnie Vernon, Friendship, TN
3. J21 Jacob Davis, Millersville, MO
4. 51Jr. Jimmy Cornell, Poplar Bluff, MO
5. 24 Daniel Roe, Paragoulod, AR
6. 9x Josh Greene, Paragould, AR
7. 717 Tim Nash , Farmington, MO
8. X Caleb Jones, Sikeston, MO
9. 42 Debra Hall, Benton, MO
10. 15 Tyler Fowler, Portageville, MO
11. 55d Walter Dunn, Donafin, MO
12. 17 Steve Carter, Phoenix, AZ
13. 10 Michael Dodd, Caruthersville, MO
14. 37 Blake Burns, Jonesboro, AR – DNS
15. 60 Jamie Daughtee, Walnut Ridge, AR – DNS
K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modified Sereis Race Awards:
K&N Filters Pole Award: #12 Scott Crigler
K&N Filters Podium (3rd place) Award: #9 Ken Schrader
Comp Cam Hard Charger Award: #51Jr. Jimmy Cornell
Saldana Racing Products Top Five Award: #29 Preston Seratt
Pyrotect Racing Cells Lucky Seven Award: #44 Jim Gulley
DMI/Bulldog Rear End Top Ten Award: #97 Paul Reeder
The K&N Filters USCS Modified Series would like to gratefully thank its sponsoring partners for their involvement in advancing the series: K&N Filters, www.rockauto.com, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Aero Race Wheels, Comp Cams, Saldana Racing Products, Pyrotect Racing Cells, DMI/Bulldog Rear Ends. KSE Racing Products, Schoenfeld Headers, Brown and Miller Racing Solutions, Safety-Kleen.