KANSAS CITY, Kan. (Aug. 18) — The biggest and richest one-day event in the history of dirt modified racing will take place Friday, Aug. 19, when fans and the top drivers in the sport converge on the Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City for the inaugural Grant Junghans Memorial presented by BriggsAuto.com.
(as of Aug. 18, 11:30 a.m.)
1. 73b Shad Badder, Bates City, Mo.
2. 4 Cody Bauman, Eureka, Ill.
3. 6 Brock Bauman, Eureka, Ill.
4. 5a Josh Beckham, Choudrant, La.
5. 3b Nic Bidinger, Perry, Kan.
6. 99 Jett Big Eagle, Manor, Sask., Canada
7. 00 Masen Big Eagle, Manor, Sask., Canada
8. 21 Jacob Bleess, Chatfield, Minn.
9. 12b Johnny Bone Jr., Pea Ridge, Ark.
10. 78 Billy Jack Brutchin, Gladewater, Texas
11. 2 Shane Clanton, Zebulon, Ga.
12. 17 Lucas Conley, Spring, Hill
13. 7c Mike Cook, Conway, Ark.
14. 07 Cory Crapser, Chippewa Falls, Wis.
15. 52 Chad Davis, Tulsa, Okla.
16. 68 Kerry Davis, Parkville, Mo.
17. 65 Tyler Davis, Haysville, Kan.
18. 75 Tad Davis, Mount Hope, Kan.
19. 81 Mike Densberger, Lincoln, Neb.
20. 29d Brad Dierks, Clarence, Iowa
21. 97 Cade Dillard, Robeline, La.
22. 88d Matt Dotson, Hallsville, Mo.
23. 91 Scott Drake, Webb City, Mo.
24. 39 Luke Driskell, Stilwell, Kan.
25. 48 Brent Dutenhoffer, Watertown, S.D.
26. 91 Joe Duvall, Claremore, Okla.
27. 2 Mike Eisenhut, Topeka, Kan.
28. 21j Josh Everhart, Burlingame, Kan.
29. 21 Johnny Fennewald, Appleton City, Mo.
30. 42 Sam Florence, Kansas City, Mo.
31. 87 Darron Fuqua, Mayetta, Kan.
32. G17 Fito Gallardo, Las Cruces, N.M.
33. J17 Jacob Gallardo, Las Cruces, N.M.
34. 35g Barry Gifford, Ponca City, Okla.
35. 40 Brian Green, Pierce City, Mo.
36. 92 J.D. Gresham, Winterset, Iowa
37. 92 Tyler Grooms, Trenton, Mo.
38. 88 Kevin Guinn, Fayetteville, Ark.
39. 19r Ryan Gustin, Marshalltown, Iowa
40. 3h Bubba Harvey, Kansas City, Kan.
41. 86d Dagan Heim, Rosemount, Minn.
42. 16 Chris Henigan, Marshall, Texas
43. 22d Daniel Hilsabeck, Adel, Iowa
44. 12 Jason Hughes, Watts, Okla.
45. 10 Marc Hurd, Wichita, Kan.
46. 3j Lewis Jackson, Wellsville, Kan.
47. 37 Mike Jergens, Plover, Iowa
48. 7j Justin Johnson, Olathe, Kan.
49. 2 Chase Junghans, Manhattan, Kan.
50. 23k Darwin Karau, Kasson, Minn.
51. 1k Tim Karrick, Basehor, Kan.
52. 23 Adams Kates, Tonganoxie, Kan.
53. 4a Josh Lanterman, Derby, Kan.
54. 4m Bobby Malchus, Red Oak, Texas
55. 70 Aaron Marrant, Richmond, Mo.
56. 19 J.C. Mattingly, Springdale, Ark.
57. 15* Ryan Mikkelson, Jamestown, N.D.
58. 00 Jim Moody, Odessa, Mo.
59. 42 Paul Niznik, Medford, Wis.
60. 8 Skip O’Neal, Midlothian, Texas
61. 4rx Jake O’Neil, Tucson, Ariz.
62. 186 Jeremy Payne, Springfield, Mo.
63. 75 Terry Phillips, Springfield, Mo.
64. 9d8 Paden Phillips, Chanute, Kan.
65. 4 Dan Powers, Wichita, Kan.
66. 4r Dereck Ramirez, Woodward, Okla.
67. 31j Jeremy Rasmussen, Rogers, Ark.
68. 7r Ryan Restad, West Fargo, N.D.
69. 25 Scott Roberts, Columbia, Mo.
70. X25 Bobby Russ, Belton, Mo.
71. 4r Jared Russell, Muskogee, Okla.
72. 9 Kevin Rutherford, Flower Mound, Texas
73. 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas
74. 1sx Travis Saurer, Elizabeth, Mo.
75. 34 Mark Schafman, Edwardsville, Kan.
76. 11jr Randall Schiffelbein Jr., Tecumseh, Kan.
77. 1 Kyle Schmidt, Farmington, Ark.
78. 69 Lucas Schott, Chatfield, Minn.
79. 9 Ken Schrader, Fenton, Mo.
80. 1st Johnny Scott, Las Cruces, N.M.
81. 2s Stormy Scott, Arroyo Hondo, N.M.
82. 99 Jesse Sobbing, Malvern, Iowa
83. 17 Mike Striegel, Wheatland, Mo.
84. 8 Wesley Summers, Wellington, Mo.
85. 20rt Ricky Thornton Jr., Chandler, Ariz.
86. 85 Thomas Tillison Jr., Wellston, Okla.
87. 21t Lance Town, Wellsville, Kan.
88. 33z Zack VanderBeek, New Sharon, Iowa
89. 02 Tommy Weder Jr., Woodward, Okla.
90. 88 Chad Wheeler, Muskogee, Okla.
91. 26 Brian Williams, Fayetteville, Ark.
92. 68 Dean Wille, Warrensburg, Mo.
93. 4w Tyler Wolff, Fayetteville, Ark.
94. 69n Cory Wray, Jamesport, Mo.
95. 24jr James Eaton, Bates City, Mo.
More than $100,000 will be paid out to drivers on this night, including $10,002 to the winner of the United States Modified Touring Series main event.
As part of the Hunt for the USMTS Casey’s Cup powered by S&S Fishing & Rental, the Best of the Best in dirt modified racing will be on hand for this epic show, as well as many surprise entries from regional open-wheel favorites to dirt late model superstars.
“Thanks to the Junghans family and dozens of financial supporters, this race will be incredible,” said USMTS president Todd Staley. “In nearly 20 years of promoting races, I’ve never seen anything even close to this and what is happening with everybody wanting to be a part of it. It’s a testament to the character and life of Grant Junghans and the fact that he touched so many lives in such a short time.”
Grant was first diagnosed with cancer in February of 2010. Despite on-again off-again chemotherapy treatments and numerous surgeries, he never lost his sense of humor, fighting spirit or natural-born tendency to be decent to others.
The racing world lost one of its finest ambassadors this past March, and the Grant Junghans Memorial race will be an opportunity for his fans, family and friends to remember the good times and racing memories shared in his 27 years with us.
Grant had told his father, Greg, that if a race was held in his honor he wanted it to be a $10,000-to-win, $1,000-to-start USMTS race and staged at the Lakeside Speedway.
Here’s the “official” payout for the inaugural Grant Junghans Memorial main event: 1. $10,002, 2. $8002, 3. $5502, 4. $4502, 5. $4002, 6. $3502, 7. $3002, 8. $2502, 9. $2202, 10. $2002, 11. $1802, 12. $1902, 13. $1602, 14. $1502, 15. $1402, 16. $1302, 17. $1202, 18. $1172, 19. $1162, 20. $1152, 21. $1142, 22. $1532, 23. $1122, 24. $1112, 25-30. $1102.
Tow money will be a minimum of $152 for all drivers not making the 30-car feature race, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Extra money-lots of it-will be doled out to drivers finishing in pre-determined mystery positions, lap money, heat race bonuses, hard charger awards and a Long Tow Award with the following bonuses: 1. $500, 2. $400, 3. $300, 4. $200, 5. $200.
More than $100,000 will find its way into the pockets of competitors at the Grant Junghans Memorial on Friday, Aug. 19, at the lakeside Speedway.
Not only are the Modifieds making more bank, but the payouts for the USRA Stock Cars and USRA B-Mods have also been expanded: 1. $700, 2. $500, 3. $400, 4. $350, 5. $300, 6. $270, 7. $250, 8. $220, 9. $200, 10. $180, 11. $160, 12. $150, 13. $140, 14. $130, 15. $125, 16. $120, 17. $115, 18. $110, 19. $105, 20. $100 to start. There’s no entry fee for support classes, just pit passes.
Sponsors so far stepping up to make this race possible are Ramirez Motorsports, Rancho Milagro Racing, Day Motor Sports, Mesilla Valley Transportation, A&A Electric & Underground, Pro-Line Buildings/33z Racing, Malvern Trust & Savings Bank, TOS Motorsports, RealTruck.com/Scott Bintz Racing, Fast Shafts, Midwest Sheet Metal, BriggsAuto.com, MB Customs Race Cars, Sput’s Racing Engines, CPD Racing Shocks, VP Race Fuels (Heartland), Real Wheels, Boubin Tire & Automotive, JS Sign & Awning, Shop Quik, Stussy Rock & Construction, B&B Racing Supply, CCA LLC Investments (Thomas Tillison family), River’s Edge Scrap Management, Richard (Gator) & Lana Calhoun, Lobo Racing/Wolff Family, Home Pride Companies, Chad & Jamie Dolan, Edge Services (Weder family), Pioneer Excavating & Trucking (Tim Thomas), Speedway Motors, Grain Handler USA, Victory Trophies & Plaques, Show-Me Synthetics, Krohn Family (in memory of Natalie Krohn) and Kling Auto & Diesel Repair.
The Junghans family will be selling special event shirts with proceeds going to children’s cancer research.
Simpson Race Products will be giving away a $600 head and neck restraint system to one driver on this night, AFCO Racing Products will be giving away a $200 gift certificate to every “A” Main qualifier and KEVKO Oil Pans & Components will be awarding a new oil pan ($600 value) to one lucky driver.
Deatherage Opticians will be handing out a $50 gift certificate off the purchase of a pair of Oakley sunglasses to every driver participating in the Grant Junghans Memorial, Show-Me Synthetics will be giving out a case of oil to the winner and Pit Stop Catering will be handing out some BBQ sauce.
RacerWebsite.com will be donating $22 to the family’s charity for every current RacerWebsite.com client in attendance, and $222 for every new customer that comes on board between now and the last race in The Hunt on Sept. 22.
Jesse and Brandi Sobbing will be supplying treats for a kids’ Candy Dash during the night, and the Southern New Mexico Speedway will award a free entry to the USRA Fall Nationals ($250 value) to the second-place finishing car in the main event.
All of this cash and prizes are in addition to the fantastic contingency awards doled out at every USMTS event from Allstar Performance, American Racer Racing Tires, Bell Helmets, Beyea Custom Headers, BSB Manufacturing, Day Motor Sports, Deatherage Opticians, Edelbrock, Eibach Springs, Fast Shafts, FK Rod Ends, Forty9 Designs, Fuel Safe Racing Cells, GRT Race Cars, Hooker Custom Harness, Integra Shocks & Springs, Jerovetz Motorsports Shock Service, KEVKO Oil Pans & Components, Keyser Manufacturing, KSE Racing Products, Midwest Sheet Metal, MSD, Out-Pace Racing Products, PBM Performance Products, QA1 Precision Products, Real Racing Wheels, Sybesma Graphics, VP Racing Fuels, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products and Wilwood Engineering.
If you are interested in being a sponsor of this event be sure to call the USMTS office at 515-832-7944.
To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usmts, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/usmts and Instagram at www.instagram.com/usmts or subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/usmtstv.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
USMTS OFFICIAL SPONSORS: Alpinestars, American Racer Racing Tires, Argo Manufacturing, Casey’s General Stores, Chix Gear Racewear, COMP Cams, CP-Carrillo, Day Motor Sports, Deatherage Opticians, Fast Shafts, Intercomp, Jerovetz Motorsports Shock Service, Kevko Oil Pans & Components, KSE Racing Products, Leaf Racewear & Safety Equipment, Malvern Trust & Savings Bank, MSD, RacerWebsite.com, RacinDirt.com, RealTruck.com, S&S Fishing & Rental, The Joie of Seating, VP Racing Fuels.
USMTS PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: AMP Energy Drink, Arizona Sport Shirts, ASi Racewear, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Duvall Electric, ElbowsUp.com, Erson Cams, I-29 Trailer Sales, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Oreo, Production Jars, Rivers Edge Scrap Management, Snickers, Sour Patch Kids, YouDirt.com.
USMTS CONTINGENCY SPONSORS: AFCO Racing Products, Allstar Performance, Bell Helmets, Beyea Custom Headers, BSB Manufacturing, Driven Racing Oil, Edelbrock, Eibach Springs, FK Rod Ends, Forty9 Designs, Fuel Safe Racing Cells, Genesis Racing Shocks, GRT Race Cars, Holley Performance Products, Hooker Custom Harness, Integra Shocks & Springs, Keyser Manufacturing, Midwest Sheet Metal, Out-Pace Racing Products, PBM Performance Products, QA1 Precision Products, Quarter Master, Real Racing Wheels, Sybesma Graphics, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Wilwood Engineering.