Farmington Saturday Night

I got there around 6:30 so I don't know if they watered the track or not but it was extremely slimy; the announcer asked for the Sprint Cars to come out and help run the track in but none did (and with as slick/muddy as the track was I honestly don't know if the push trucks would have been able to get enough traction to start them).

There were probably 20-25 A Mods, B Mods and Pure Streets that came out to help run the track in and around 7:15 Jeff Asher and another modified (sorry, didn't recognize the car) ran 'hot laps' to try to blow some of the mud off but it wasn't really helping that much.

They called for Pure Streets to come out and hot lap and 2 of them made it out to the track around 7:25 and were almost immediately sent back to the pits. At that time the flag man started putting away his flags and I knew that wasn't a good sign.

The announcer said that they had issues with the facilities, I believe that they said they lost water to the main concession stand and they had a bank of lights in one of the turns (1?) that they couldn't get to come on and at that point they cancelled for the night.

Ticket stubs/pit armbands are good for the next two weeks per their announcement at the time they cancelled.

I managed to get out of the parking lot fairly quickly and made it to Pevely/I-55 in time for the dashes and features so the night wasn't a complete loss. It was getting cold in Farmington (and it was cold in Pevely when they got done) and given the circumstances they probably made the right decision especially if there wasn't a real ETA to get the issues corrected.

All of the above is just what I saw/heard announced as a fan in the stands, I have no affiliation with the track, etc. etc. The forecast looks good for this weekend so I'm hoping they have everything straightened out because I'm looking forward to seeing the 410s get it on.

Dan Nelson

We were there with a sprint car, there was never an official come and tell us to come out to blow the slime off. We have no way of hearing the announcer in the pits. I've heard from my family and friends about that, I just don't want the fans to think we just didn't come out.
I'm also surprised we haven't heard more grumbling here about the way it was all handled.
I was not happy in the way we the racers were treated, no meeting before the announcement, no refunds, put into a 2 week time period to redeem our pit passes, grand stand passes etc.
We are going back this week, hopefully all goes smoothly and the lights work
Jeff Palazzolo

I'm hoping Farmington has a good car count also, but MOWA is running at 34 Raceway tonight so I think a lot of the cars at JVille last night will be there--I'm not trying to be negative just not expecting any real travelers unless we get a Hagar or someone else from south of the track.

I'm not sure how many Sprints were in the pits last week before they called it. Hopefully they've got all the bugs worked out.

I think they averaged somewhere around 18-20 last year and I'd be satisfied if they were able to get that many on a regular basis again this year.

Dan Nelson

most will be going to Burlington ia and 2 will be going to little rock
I counted 13 MOWA cars that went to Burlington, certainly not most; some raced at Farmington; some of the MOWA cars stayed on the porch; only Loyet went to Little Rock that I could find. Considering Loyet was rumored to wanting to run with the Outlaws, I do not understand why he runs so much with the limiteds. Good to see Nienhiser (2nd) and Hull (6th) near the front at Burlington but MOWA did not show too well against the ringers. :)

Back