Schrader wins duquoin mods

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
With Joey Walsh second

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I didnt know alot of the drivers, but Joe Walsh is fast week in and week out.. Just a different size track that most guys don't run..The Dirt Champ cars put on a great race as well.

Actually, dirtboy has a point. With $2.000 to win I figure there would be more heavy hitters there. (Bielong, Harrison, Griffaw, Ray Walsh, Dean Hoffman, Michael Long, just to name a few). Could you imagine these guys racing against each other on a 1 mile track??? Would be great to see.

Actually, dirtboy has a point. With $2.000 to win I figure there would be more heavy hitters there. (Bielong, Harrison, Griffaw, Ray Walsh, Dean Hoffman, Michael Long, just to name a few). Could you imagine these guys racing against each other on a 1 mile track??? Would be great to see.
the only point he has is on top of his head there were other shows in Illnois that paid more this weekend

Higher paying races elsewhere. This 2grand takes alot of work!!! It eats up two days. And is hard on motors tires etc. Lots of miles to be run for two grand. Plus everyone knew the 9 would b there. So all thAt 8 hundred? Easier money elsewhere!

wow only 17 mods glad I went to haubstad Sunday night great show also seeing JON Stanbrough race was a thing of beauty

If Dirtboy would have had his car out there and raced it then I know there would have been more than enough competition. A lot of drivers refuse to do the mile. The challenge is tough..... Hard on a car especially if wrecked. Looks to me like it was an IMPRESSIVE kind of day.

They ran heat races Saturday and feature Sunday. Why eat up 2 days for a shot at 2 grand when the AMS races were in the area and paid way better money each night.

It really was a great show all in all, yeah I would like to see more pay for the mods to increase car count, but when you add in the Silver Crown series.... it was great. One reason I loved it is that I can see a great smaller dirt track show anytime throughout the summer, but to see those champ cars doing slide jobs at 120+ on the mile, that's a thing of rare beauty. Oh well, only a 362 more days til next year!

Uh, just a guess but maybe KS isn't concerned about the money. He loves to race the fast tracks.

Back