Boom Briggs to Debut New Longhorn Chassis at Cherokee Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Bear Lake, PA (October 23, 2014) Dirt Late Model veteran and World of Outlaws Late Model Series regular Rick 'Boom' Briggs of Bear Lake, Pennsylvania will debut a brand new, Meridien Hardwoods, CJ's Transport, Corry Rubber, Briggs Transport, Sorbera Family Chiropractic sponsored Longhorn Chassis at the Southern Nationals Bonus events at Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, SC on Friday and Saturday, October 24 and 25.

Briggs, who has entered all 36 World of Outlaws Late Model Series events in 2014, has struggled at times throughout the season while competing in 29 WoOLMS A-Main events with only three top-ten finishes, one heat race win, two B-Main wins and sits 11th in the tour's championship point standings.

'There have been times this year that I've wanted to call it off (traveling with the WoOLMS)', Briggs said, 'but with this change I feel like we have a second wind and a fresh start. It's a little late in the year to make a big change like this but with how things have gone this year; it's better late than never.'

The decision to make the switch was not an easy one as Briggs has been in a Rocket Chassis for his entire driving career as well as the numerous years he spent as crew chief for fellow WoOLMS regular, Chub Frank. 'It was certainly a tough decision to make', Boom said, 'but I'm not getting any younger and I wanted to try something new. I need to thank Mark Richards and Steve Baker from Rocket Chassis for all of their support throughout the years. They've been wonderful to work with and build a great car.' Briggs continued, 'We were talking to JD (Jonathan Davenport) at Cedar Lake (WI) in August and it's been something we've been thinking about since. With Jonathan and his car owner's Kevin and Leroy Rumleys' help we were able to make this happen, they've really been instrumental in us going in this direction. I also need to thank Jeff Ferro from Corry Rubber, they've gone above and beyond this year keeping us on the road with the Outlaws.'

'We're very excited about our new Longhorn Chassis and I have to thank Justin and Bob Labonte as well as Matt and Devin from Longhorn. They worked with us from day one to get everything ready for us and I just can't thank them enough.' Briggs went on to say, 'We've all seen the strides these cars have made within the past year and all of the success they've had. Jonathan has over 20 wins, the Moyer's (Billy and Billy Jr.) have been strong all season, Mason Ziegler's program has improved with the Longhorn Chassis, and it seems like every weekend someone else is putting them into victory lane. Hopefully we can have the same success in a Longhorn as everyone seems to have had. We're really looking forward to the upcoming weekend.'

Briggs will finish the 2014 season with the trip to Cherokee Speedway in Gaffney, SC for the Southern Nationals Bonus events on October 24 and 25 that will pay $7,000 and $10,000 before heading to The Dirt Track at Charlotte for the World of Outlaws Late Model Series sanctioned 'World Finals'. The 'World Finals' will kick off on Thursday, November 6 with qualifying and continue on Friday and Saturday, November 7 and 8, with two separate events paying $12,000 each to win.

For more information on Boom Briggs and Boom Briggs Racing please visit his website at www.boombriggs.com.

Boom Briggs and Boom Briggs Racing would like to thank their sponsors for the 2014 season: Meridien Hardwoods, Sorbera Family Chiropractic, Horton Equipment, Asel Enterprises, Briggs Transport, Tony Stec Lumber, Chub Frank Racing, CJ's Auto Transport, Durham Race Engines, Longhorn Chassis, Hoosier Racing Tires, JNJ Motorsports Media, Buccola's, Sunset Dairy, Bodies by Lacki, GW Performance, Integra Shocks, Slavic Custom Racing Shirts and Decals, VP Racing Fuel, All Star Performance, Outerwears, Safety Solutions, Hypercoils, Brinn Transmissions, Mason Racin, Wrisco Aluminum, Speed Bear Fasteners, Ringers Gloves, Schuyler's, Frankland, Motul Lubricants, Aurora Rod Ends, Kirkey, Performance Bodies, Jones Racing Products, Wiles Driveshafts, Cruise with the Champions, Weld Racing, and KRC Power Steering.

Written and Distributed by:

JNJ Motorsports Media

www.jnjmotorsportsmedia.com

Back