TRAK-STAR WINS FOURTH NeSMITH CHEVROLET WRS CHASSIS CHAMPIONSHIP

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

CARTERSVILLE, GA – Trak-Star Race Cars built by Boland Performance of Cuba, AL has won the 2014 NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series Chassis Manufacturers Challenge Championship with 32 wins over the 27-week season that ran from March 26 through September 28. This year’s title is Trak-Star’s fourth to go along with 2009, 2010 and 2013 Championships.

A total of 15 different drivers contributed to Trak-Star Race Car’s winning total. The 2013 NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series National Champion Noah Daspit of Kiln, MS led the Trak-Star victories with seven wins during the 2014 season. Bryan Foy of Lacombe, LA, Robby Moore of Brosley, MO, and Roger Witt of Batesville, AR each had three wins.

Craig Turner of Flomaton, AL, Kyle Shaw of Millport, AL, Stephen Brantley of Monroeville, AL, Neil Baggett of Shannon, MS and Michael Arnold of Hattiesburg, MS each turned in two NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series wins this season for Trak-Star Race Cars.

Two-time NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series West Region Champion Jim McDuffie of Meridian, MS, Tyler Allen of Gulf Breeze, FL, Cliff Ross of Florence, MS, Mike Boland of Cuba, AL, Shep Lucas of McKenzie, AL, and Cliff Williams of Star, MS each had a single 2014 NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series victory for Trak-Star Race Cars.

“I want to thank all of the drivers that won NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series races this year that made this possible, as well as all of our customers that competed with Trak-Star Race Cars this season,” Boland Performance Owner Mike Boland said. “They all give us the feedback that we need to keep building a better product and my son Jamey and I really appreciate that.”

Finishing behind Trak-Star Race Cars in the 2014 NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series Chassis Manufacturers Challenge were GRT Race Cars of Greenbrier, AR who finished second with 28 wins, third-place Rocket Chassis of Shinnston, WV with 20 wins, Warrior Race Cars built by Goddard Performance of Knoxville, TN who finished fourth with eight wins, CVR Race Cars of Loudon, TN who was fifth with four wins, and sixth-place TNT Race Cars of Piney Flats, TN.

Boland said the competition get tougher with each passing season, but he enjoys the friendly rivalry he has with the other manufacturers, as he had a close working relationship with some of them before he got in the chassis building business.

“I have to thank Joe Garrison of GRT Race Cars and Sanford Goddard of Warrior Race Cars for all of the help they have given me through the years,” Boland said. “I was a driver for many years before I became a chassis builder, and they taught me a lot about the business and how to be successful.”

This fourth NeSmith Chevrolet Weekly Racing Series Chassis title was the toughest one to win according to Boland, and he credited NeSmith Racing for providing the customer base to keep his doors open as a chassis manufacturer.

“This was the toughest championship of the four that we have won because the competition is tighter and we lost some of our regular customers to other builders this season,” Boland said. “Another thing that has made things harder this season is that a lot of tracks cut back their schedules. But through it all, I have to thank NeSmith Racing for what they do to keep dirt late model affordable through the Chevrolet Performance Circle Track engines. They have done more to keep dirt late model racers in competition and keep us and other chassis builders in business.”

For more information about Trak-Star Race Cars call Boland Performance at 205-392-5566, or visit their web site at www.trakstarracecars.com. You can also like their Facebook Page at Trak-Star Race Cars.

For more information and rules about the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series, visit the series all-new web site at www.nesmithracing.com, or visit the series on Facebook at NeSmith Racing. Becoming a fan of the NeSmith Racing Facebook page will make you eligible for special prizes that will be given away each month. You can follow us on Twitter @NeSmithRacing.

NeSmith Chevrolet, Buick, GMC of Claxton, GA is the Title Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. NeSmith Chevrolet, Buick, GMC is the nation’s number one GM Powertrain and Performance Dealer six years running, with free delivery anywhere in the Southeast. Chevrolet Performance Parts is an Official Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. Hoosier Racing Tire is the Official Tire Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. RockAuto.com is an Official Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. Racecar Engineering is the Official Parts Supplier of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. Renegade Race and Performance Fuels are a series Associate Sponsor and fuel supplier. Schaeffer’s Oil Presented By Chad Wallace and Heather Newsome is the Official Oil of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. AR Bodies is an Associate Sponsor of the NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series. NeSmith Chevrolet Dirt Late Model Series Contingency Sponsors for 2014 are Dominator Race Products, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Modern Images, Mike Custom Tanks, Schoenfeld Headers, Kinser Air Filters, Performance Rod & Custom, and David Smith Carburetors. 2014 Chassis Sponsors are Trak-Star Race Cars, Warrior Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, GRT Race Cars, TNT Race Cars, and CVR Race Cars.

Back