Tri-City Speedway B-Mod Rules meeting Thursday Night Nov 6...7:00pm

Revin

Attention: B-Mod Drives

We will be hosting a meeting for the B-Mod drivers only!

Thursday Nov 6
7:00pm
KG's at Tri City (Old AMF Bowling Alley next to the racetrack)

Thank you
Kevin

That ought to turn into the biggest pissing match you've ever seen...

I have never seen so many cry babies as there are in B-Mods over rules..

Sorry fella but think Kevin prolly has the most sensible rules now would like to see quick changes added and that's it but think Kevin has the right ticket I was skeptical last year but he has proven he was correct

Sorry fella but think Kevin prolly has the most sensible rules now would like to see quick changes added and that's it but think Kevin has the right ticket I was skeptical last year but he has proven he was correct
What are the problems that you have with the ump rules ?

Ump came out with there rules if you are going to be under the ump banner follow them. Ifyour going to change them then don't run under the ump banner. Jmo

No I have a home made chassis that supposedly was run way back in 2001 by Darryl Hoffman was told dean even but asked dean and he said no my car was originally a leaf spring we converted over and have updated every year of the b mod class so no I have an old car that I have tinkered with to make it better from day one of this class agree with everything josh says in his post but biggest thing is don't force me to run a motor I don't be leave in are guys having success with crates yes is it the way I want to go no when a promoter is so pro crate there is a problem he tried crate late models and those guys hung him out so wouldn't u have a bit of a bad taste in ur mouth from that crate deal I lost a motor this year so I built a new one cost 3100 that was an eagle rotating assembly and dart heads it has 4 nights on it why should I be told what I have to run for motor or suspension when all other tracks except tcs were using those rules as a template

The rules say plain as day for the 2015, 2016 and 2017 you can run a non crate engine

H.) As an option, for the 2015/2016/2017 season(s) , a “Steel Block/Steel Cylinder Head” engine may be used. This shall include:

The rules say plain as day for the 2015, 2016 and 2017 you can run a non crate engine

H.) As an option, for the 2015/2016/2017 season(s) , a “Steel Block/Steel Cylinder Head” engine may be used. This shall include:
But they're adding 100 lbs each year to the cars running those motors so that everyone will feel obligated to go buy crates and they get their kickback earlier! Makes sense considering usra gives the 360 ci. 9.5:1 compression motors a 100 lb weight break over the crates! And they are very equal! Still doesn't help my case having a 400 ci but I think overall TCS had a very even set of rules this year, and ump gave what they did for the class zero consideration.

Reactions: sh5
But the rules also don't say I can't just run with a mods which I like doing at belle Clair so maybe this year we run Macon or I run with Kevin but I refuse to pay for another hard card and sticker for a governing body that takes ur money and gives it to other classes do the math ump national champ gets 1000 but highland just paid there track champ 600 so u tell me what makes more since I would rather pay a membership fee to the track of my choice to know that the class I race with has a chance at a nice points fund at end of year

But the rules also don't say I can't just run with a mods which I like doing at belle Clair so maybe this year we run Macon or I run with Kevin but I refuse to pay for another hard card and sticker for a governing body that takes ur money and gives it to other classes do the math ump national champ gets 1000 but highland just paid there track champ 600 so u tell me what makes more since I would rather pay a membership fee to the track of my choice to know that the class I race with has a chance at a nice points fund at end of year
The ump rules are just what this class needs. You have two good seasons to run an open motor without the weight effecting you these car weigh 2500-2600 with the driver anyway. The shocks you have now just need approval. You can run a j bar in front of the rear end you can run eliminator's. Hell QC change rear end are fine nobody is forced to run them. The points fund will go up. This year they are giving a motor to the winner along with the money. I'm still not sure what the problem is. The only problem we will have with this class will be Kevin not running the ump rules. Remember these are b mod/sport mods not a mods!!

I couldn't agree more about the sport mod are u guaranteeing that money is going up in ump payout just because again top dog gets more everyone else should be happy do some math on what lic cost times sport mod drivers we are helping pay for a lot of other divisions with just what we bring in alone hell ump was better when it wasn't forced down our throat if u were having a good season buy a lic if not then don't have to buy one or maybe u don't even care which most don't that's the problem MOST DONT CARE ABOUT NATIONAL POINTS so don't hold me hostage to a HOBBY I enjoy

The ump rules are just what this class needs. You have two good seasons to run an open motor without the weight effecting you these car weigh 2500-2600 with the driver anyway. The shocks you have now just need approval. You can run a j bar in front of the rear end you can run eliminator's. Hell QC change rear end are fine nobody is forced to run them. The points fund will go up. This year they are giving a motor to the winner along with the money. I'm still not sure what the problem is. The only problem we will have with this class will be Kevin not running the ump rules. Remember these are b mod/sport mods not a mods!!

"One panhard bar, a minimum of 23”-inches in length must be mounted behind the rear end housing. The lower spring perch must be welded to the rear end housing."

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but how are you to run sliders (eliminators) if it basically states here that u must run springs on top of the rear end?

"One panhard bar, a minimum of 23”-inches in length must be mounted behind the rear end housing. The lower spring perch must be welded to the rear end housing."

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but how are you to run sliders (eliminators) if it basically states here that u must run springs on top of the rear end?
It says j bars are allowed it It also says eliminator's are allowed.they didn't do the best job on the wording them.

B-Mods have been around for many, many years, this isn't a new class. They have survived all these years with out UMP rules, each track set there own rules as they saw fit to promote there class at there track, if you want to travel around to other tracks then you adjust your car to there rules. With the car counts TriCity was getting all year why would you consider adopting a set of rules requiring so many changes? You'll kill your car count and the class will die at that track. Limit the shocks to control cost's and to keep that part of the set up simple. Keep the same engine rules you currently have; but let everybody know by a certain year you'll limit CID or go to crates. Most of all enforce the rules you have!

Reactions: sh5
The rules we had for the past 2 season's worked great. Good car counts and good competitive racing. Please be at the meeting
Thursday Night if possible.

Thanks for everyone's response.

Kevin

Back