Du Quoin.Indoor lightning sprint/midget race

Feb 7th will be the first annual "Race for The Golden Pumper" combined midget and lightning Sprint race. This is a great chance for the non national midgets and lightning sprints to race at DuQuoin.

I know the flyer does not mention the midgets but any non national engine midget is welcome to race this event. If you have any questions please message me.,just an extra $5 you can buy a pit pass and walk around the pits and meet the drivers. We are expecting a large car count and already have drivers coming from 8 different midget and lightning sprint series representing the BAM and Englar IMRA, USAC Honda Regional Series and Kenyon Midgets. Then we have MMSA, ILSS, WIMS and AMSA lightning sprint series. States represented so far are Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Iowa.

For additional information.please send me a message on here.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1419983160052.jpg
    FB_IMG_1419983160052.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Feb 7th will be the first annual "Race for The Golden Pumper" combined midget and lightning Sprint race. This is a great chance for the non national midgets and lightning sprints to race at DuQuoin.

I know the flyer does not mention the midgets but any non national engine midget is welcome to race this event. If you have any questions please message me.,just an extra $5 you can buy a pit pass and walk around the pits and meet the drivers. We are expecting a large car count and already have drivers coming from 8 different midget and lightning sprint series representing the BAM and Englar IMRA, USAC Honda Regional Series and Kenyon Midgets. Then we have MMSA, ILSS, WIMS and AMSA lightning sprint series. States represented so far are Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Iowa.

For additional information.please send me a message on here.

These rules are mostly for the midgets but there is also some information on Lightning Sprint weights.

To keep things simple to tec and to understand the following rules will apply to the Midget shaft drive cars.

1. Frame must meet minimum requirements for the race.
2. The tire wheel rule shall be open to all competitors. 13" wheels only.
3. Minimum weight shall be 1100 pounds with car and driver at the completion of the race.
4. Motor inspection will require the removal of 4 spark plugs and air filters.
...a. With a bore scope we will inspect ports for ANY AND ALL signs machine work or grinding we will expect to see casting marks in the ports. Cars with plenum injection may be exempt if we can not view ports from the throttle body. Their Throttle bodies will be checked for stock configuration and size.
...b. Focus powered cars get a pass on this (porting is allowed).
...c. Kenyon Midgets will more or less be racing under the same rules as stock block shaft drive race cars.
...d. IRS racers will not have to race with restrictors designated by their club the USAC Honda racers will be expected to have the proper sized restrictor in place. (help me out here guys???) our intent is to keep it simple.
...e. The minimum weight for a 600cc powered upright Midget will be 800 pounds car and driver at the end of race.

If any of you guys with the IRS want to come down and race we will sure try and find some nice used (already been tested tires) for the back of your race cars free of charge. Just let us know, much better than throwing them out going down the road.

Briscoe, Bell, and Ambrose will represent the Hoosier Speed Company this Saturday at the Center.

The Bell-Briscoe duo is slated to drive temporarily for the Bradley brothers for this event, however Ambrose will be a mainstay in the Hoosier Speed stables for 2015.

"I feel like it's an opportunity for us to get some real feed back on our cars"

Says Hoosier Speeds founder
Andy Bradley.

"We are extremely excited to have these drivers represent us and we will do what we can to give them what they need to win"

Just a reminder this Saturday is the race.

Pit passes are just $20 that is just $5 more dollars than a general admission ticket which is $15 dollars. So come early and see the cars and drivers before the crowd arrives.

Last edited:

Back