If you could go back in time and watch a race where will it be (track) and what race (event)??

I agree with chevy power. Especially during the late 70's. Wib Spalding, Russ, Mike, and occasionally Rusty Wallace, C.C. Corbin, Kevin Gundaker, Kenny Schrader, Bill Meyers, Len Gittemeier, Bill Laycock, Rod Baily, Ron Fischer, Kenny Schrum and Rick Standridge just to name a few. Most of those guys drove cars they built in their garages. Camaro's, Chevelle's Nova's, Mustangs and Mopar cars with steel bodies. No cookie cutter cars back then. Great drivers on a great 1/2 mile track. Not to mention when the USAC Sprints and midgets, WOO sprints and NDRA late models came through. IMO nothing has been better since. Man,I miss that 1/2 mile.

Brian

[/QUOTE
I miss the old steel body cars too!
Anything back in the late 50's into the 70's at Lake Hill on the dirt or pavement would be my choice.
Too many good races and memories, but I would love to see Sifford in that old 64 Impala again!

What do you think Fireball?

I was at lakehill for one of several 100 lappers-sifford was leading when sparks (black top by then)started trailing behind the chevy-the longer the race went the more sparks till the entire rear clip came off---

Back