Jimmy Cummins' "Turkey Bowl" Experience 2018

Debbie Cummins

Bomber Momma #19
Father and son left this morning for the "Turkey Bowl" in Springfield, MO, a first for Jimmy and Bruce. {I can't believe Jimmy hasn't raced at this track yet!)
Bruce just called (at about 1:20 p.m.) and said they are down there, parked next to JC Morton and his dad Gene, and that the Chris Soutiea team is there too! Say "Hi!" to dirtgirl for me! Drivers' meeting at 2:00 p.m., hotlaps
Bruce said that Jimmy drew an "8" pill so he'd better be good because they're using passing points. Good Luck to everyone!
Bruce said the weather is nice, about 60 degrees right now and the sun is out. More later.

OK, I'm falling down on the reporting of Jimmy's trip to the Turkey Bowl. I know, I know....Sorry. But I went to my high school class' 50th reunion tonight instead of sitting at home waiting for race results. A reunion that Bruce should have gone to with me because we were in the same class! But Jimmy had signed up to race on the same night so I let him go with James instead of with me. I had a good time seeing all the other "old people" from the class of 1968 at Jennings High School. It was fun! Nobody better make fun of how old I am! Remember the "No cookie list"?

Now to Jimmy's night of racing for a turkey....40 B-Mods, 40 A-Mods, 21 Late Models, and 28 Midwest Mods were there. Soutiea, Lebaube, Schrader, Ryan Gustin, Jeff Taylor, Mitch Keeter, and Picou were there along with Jimmy.
Jimmy started 2nd in his heat race and ended up 3rd. He started 2nd in his B-Main (they had 5 B-Mains) and won it. He started 15th in the A-Main, got up to about 10th or 11th when he got "drove into by some guy and spun" so they were both put to the rear but the other guy had spun out before so he was out. Jimmy worked his way back up to 14th by the end of the race. Bruce said there were a lot of wrecked cars. Crazy driving everywhere.

So I guess they had a good night...car is in one piece, he made the feature, and finished the race. Now the 2018 season is officially over.

On to Humboldt in February!

Back