2019 DIRTcar UMP Pro Modified Rules Posted

What does everyone think about these rules lot of work for the crates and what’s thoughts on getting rid of open motors

So A-K covers the only engine allowed in competition then it goes on to R which allows an option. Which way is it? Do they even read what they put down?

Last edited:
The GM crate is the ONLY motor allowed in dirt car events

Rule R. Has an open option but it's not allowed in the events?

So you can. Have an open motor as long as you also have a GM crate. Don't think it says you can't have both engines at the same time in one car, you just have to have a crate to be in the events.

What paragraph says crates only by 2020. First part of the engines say gm602 will be the only engine allowed in events

Section a says the part number for the crate motors that can be used section g talks about the open motors being obsolete dec 31 2019 all crates by 2020 section r talks about the open motor

So on top of buying this bullshit motor then you have to go and pay another 250 to get said motor approved? Did I just read that right? Boy they are a fucking joke. Just when I start to want to buy one, the communist make my decision easy again.

These numbers speak volumes about which rule package is efficient and affordable for racers.

Attachments

• FBEF20E1-83FC-459C-88A5-F29F82ADE0D9.jpeg
    FBEF20E1-83FC-459C-88A5-F29F82ADE0D9.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 392
Theres nothing wrong with a good open motor. All this gm motor deal is a money thing for ump. Racing just isnt the same like was 10 15 uwars ago. Personally i think open motors should be aloud

These numbers speak volumes about which rule package is efficient and affordable for racers.
That's because no one else is racing against them on Friday night other than the 7-8 times Belle-Clair raced..

On Saturday's you have I-55, Highland, Fayette, Farmington, Macon & even Charleston.. If you look thru the results, you will see a lot of these cars disbursed out to those tracks on Saturdays.

That's because no one else is racing against them on Friday night other than the 7-8 times Belle-Clair raced..

On Saturday's you have I-55, Highland, Fayette, Farmington, Macon & even Charleston.. If you look thru the results, you will see a lot of these cars disbursed out to those tracks on Saturdays.
Yessir I’ll give ya that’s 50% true but If they weren’t at all in favor of the rules they wouldn’t race on fridays and just save it for Saturday. Nobody wants to bust ass all week and all day Friday to go race at a track where the race is decided by big money engines and the rules. Imo they may need slightly tweaked in regard to bigger ci engines and four bar but are pretty racer friendly when it comes to tires and some other things. Jmo
Can’t compare tri city their rules are so far off from everyone else it their b mods are a mods with a two barrel
Tri city has the same rules as fayette co and Farmington and those tracks have good car counts every week. I know Farmington has higher numbers than the UMP tracks do typically..and we went to at least 3-4 races at Fayette that had good numbers. The rules at TC need tweaked slightly in regard to 400ci engines and 4-bar but are pretty darn good overall. Jmo✌

If they had good numbers at faytte then no body else was racing that Saturday their numbers were down all year

The Ump Tracks numbers were down too. Both of The highest numbers came from non ump tracks. TC and Farmington had highest averages according to their results. Almost identical rules packages.

I ran at farmington last year with the bmod class there were always 25 to 30 plus cars there always good race

Back