07-08 Blues thread

dirtgoon

'89 S-10, 350 Smallblock
Anybody as excited as I am about the Blues this season? What a difference a year makes. Andy Murray really has the team playing good hockey. The aquisition of Paul Kariya was genius. The Blues management is the only St.Louis pro sports team that REALLY cares about their fans. Can't say that about the Rams or Cards for that matter. This team has good chemistry and if Manny Legace stays healthy, I predict they'll make the playoffs easily. Big game Saturday against one of the better teams in Minnesota.

I Haven't Been Much Into The Blues For A Few Years. But It Does Seem Like They Are Improving The Program Over There. Good Luck To Them This Season.

OH BOY Hockey on a racing forum. Ya it's almost over. (racing) Can not weight till Jennifer gets up to see this one. She used to be a BIG Blues fan but Im not shure abought now. Things are abought to get good. Me I don't bleed blue no more, it's like weighting for Mark Martin to win a NASCAR Championship. What ever. Too early to get excited BUT YA they are looking good. Might even go to a game or 2 this year when the Red Wings come to town. Then that would be worth the ticket.
Rather go watch a grass grow
Good luck Blues

Actually, With The Way The Cardinals Did And The Lambs Are Doing, This Would Be A Good Time For The Blues To Do Something Good. :D

Never been to a blues game, but I will go this year. Good to see someone in St. Louis doing good.

Sorry to change the subject, but Can we bring Mike Martz back to St. Louis please? At least then we'd score a few points, and have a chance to outscore someone. Linehan's terrible as a head coach.

i have been a blues fan since thier beginnings in 1967. even thru the crummy years. last year was a letdown, as was the year before. the strike that killed the whole season really hurt hockey in general. yeah, the blues are hot right now, but lets not get our hopes up too high too soon. we will see what the standings look like at season halfway. i am one of the hopeful, for sure; the card and the rams just don't hold my interest.

Kent you know it I BLEED BLUE!!!!!!! GO BLUES!!!!!!!! I went to the home opener and had a blast. I'm going again on Saturday and again in Nov. Hockey is my winter racing. I think the Blues will have a great season this year don't know if its there year but I hope it is. If and when the Blues win the cup I will have a hard choice Hockey or racing. Last year was a bad season not making the playoffs But oh well I will BLEED BLUE till the day I die. Oh did I say I BLEED BLUE.

GO BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEA BABY! I actually bought season tickets this year. My son has made every game and I've made all but 1. The building is electric this year and everyone seems to be having a great time. The Blues feed off the crowd and respond well. If you get to talk to any of the players they all say the fans are their 6th skater this year and they appreciate it. All we need is 35 cent tacos. WE WANT TACOS!

OH YEA BABY! I actually bought season tickets this year. My son has made every game and I've made all but 1. The building is electric this year and everyone seems to be having a great time. The Blues feed off the crowd and respond well. If you get to talk to any of the players they all say the fans are their 6th skater this year and they appreciate it. All we need is 35 cent tacos. WE WANT TACOS!

Hey if you and your son can't make a game sometime I'll gladly buy your seat from you.

Yeah, Checketts has realy got the Scott trade Center looking better than it did. The new board around the edge of the upper bowl is realy cool. The atmosphere has improved over the mourge like settings of the last couple of years.

I went to a few games last year The MacInnis game and the Hull game. Most of the fans left after the ceremony's. At the home opener this year every one stay almost till the end. It was almost like been at the old barn. Don't get me wrong there will never ever be another place like it, but it almost felt like it.

Ya you allways bleed blue Jennifer but you also were a Dixon fan till you saw the light. I might be going to the blues game on the 27th but Bryan has a race that weekend. Im going if we get out of practice on time. Need the sleep for Sunday's race. Bleed Blue Jennifer Bleed Blue.

Does anyone have any real pictures of the Old Barn? I would love to get some repops made or buy an original.

Last night's game against the Duck's was the best of the season so far. Too bad it was'nt on local t.v. I've got Center Ice on directv and it came on half way through the first period. This game had it all, cheap shots, fights and scoring. Win D.J. King over George Parros, win Matt Walker over Travis Moen and a draw between Barret Jackman and Brad May. Jackman did get his face 'jacked up' and was bleeding pretty bad though. Boyes, Kariya and Tkachuk had great games on the scoring side. Next game, Thursday on FSNMW against Columbus at 6:00.

I'm looking for some decent tickets for Nov. 16th's game. Anyone got any good places to get tickets besides from the Blue's website or ticketmaster?

King and Parros:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/37185

Walker and Moen:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/37186

Jackman and May:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/37187

Couldn't make the game last night, as we were having a cabin delivered to deer camp so our Daughters went. Looks like we missed the best game so far this year. We went to Saturdays game against the wild, and the Blues just looked flat that night.

Jimmy, we have season tickets, and Nov 16th is our first firearms deer season here in Illinois, I may have a pair or 4 available if the wife don't use them.

Jon

King and Parros:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/37185

Walker and Moen:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/37186

Jackman and May:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/37187

Couldn't make the game last night, as we were having a cabin delivered to deer camp so our Daughters went. Looks like we missed the best game so far this year. We went to Saturdays game against the wild, and the Blues just looked flat that night.

Jimmy, we have season tickets, and Nov 16th is our first firearms deer season here in Illinois, I may have a pair or 4 available if the wife don't use them.

Jon

Did'nt know how to post that. I'm bustoff on that website.

Back