2015 Highland Speedway Press Release

Highland Spdway

Highland Speedway is pleased to announce the sponsors for our classes in 2015. B/Wet-B/Dry Solutions is proud to be the Speedway’s Late Model sponsor for 2015. “Highland has some of the best racers in Illinois and it is always great to sit in the grandstands with the loyal fans that come out every Saturday night.” Said Herb Zobrist of B/Wet-B/Dry Solutions. Steve Schmitt is again sponsoring the Modified class. Donnewald Distributing has taken on the BMod class. They are giving out stickers for all drivers in that class to put on their cars. If you run all year with their sticker on your car, they will give a bonus of $600 to the top three in points at the end of the season. Hamel Coop will again sponsor the Street Stocks. BOSS chassis is sponsoring the Micros at the Highland Speedway and Belle Clair Speedway and is giving a chassis to the top car in points. We are excited to welcome our new sponsors and appreciate the remaining sponsors that have returned and continue to support the Speedway. UMP membership is required in all classes but Street Stock and Micros. You can buy a UMP membership in the Street Stock class and run for points, but you are not required to buy a UMP membership. Again this year you can purchase your UMP membership at the track.

We are excited to announce that we will continue to have a guaranteed point fund for the 2015 season. This year all drivers must buy their membership for the Highland Speedway. It is $30 for the year. Membership must be purchased by May 1st. Our points will start on April 11, 2015 after the Lucky 40. Points will be awarded for each race except the Summer Nationals for Late Models and Modified. If you chose not to buy a membership, you may pay a temporary fee of $5 each time you race at the Highland Speedway starting April 11th.

This year the Speedway will be having some great giveaways courtesy of our sponsors. To participate in any giveaway, you must purchase a 50/50 ticket. Following are some of the amazing giveaways we have lined up for the 2015 season. Tri Ford is giving someone a chance to win a 2015 Ford during Christmas in July on July 18th. Maybe Santa will fill your stocking with a new Ford? On June 20th, B/Wet-B/Dry Solutions will give someone an above ground pool. During the Leaps of Love race on August 1, a vacation to Pigeon Forge will be given along with a stay in a very nice condo. There will be other opportunities for fans to win, but these are among the top giveaways this year. All for the price of a 50/50 ticket!

Ticket prices have stayed the same this year, but we have added a new price for students. Adults are $12, children 12 and under are free, and students ages 13 – 17 are $6 per regular racing night. Students must show their school id to get the student price. Pit passes are $30 and children 12 and under are $15 with parental supervision at all times in the pits during regular races.

We are also glad to welcome Scott Credit Union as the 2015 sponsor of our JR Fan Club. The JR Fan Club is free to all children 12 and under. All they need to do is sign up behind the ticket booth. Sign up just one time for the year. The Easter Bunny will be making a trip to the Speedway on Saturday, April 4th. There will be an Easter Egg Hunt for JR Fan Club. April 18th will be the first of three bicycle giveaways this year. Bags of goodies will be given out each night courtesy of Tribout Carnival Supply. There will be nickel races and more fun events during the season.

The Highland Speedway is looking forward to some great racing during the 2015 season. Come on out to the track and enjoy the show that our drivers put on each and every night.

Highland Speedway is pleased to announce the sponsors for our classes in 2015. B/Wet-B/Dry Solutions is proud to be the Speedway’s Late Model sponsor for 2015. “Highland has some of the best racers in Illinois and it is always great to sit in the grandstands with the loyal fans that come out every Saturday night.” Said Herb Zobrist of B/Wet-B/Dry Solutions. Steve Schmitt is again sponsoring the Modified class. Donnewald Distributing has taken on the BMod class. They are giving out stickers for all drivers in that class to put on their cars. If you run all year with their sticker on your car, they will give a bonus of $600 to the top three in points at the end of the season. Hamel Coop will again sponsor the Street Stocks. BOSS chassis is sponsoring the Micros at the Highland Speedway and Belle Clair Speedway and is giving a chassis to the top car in points. We are excited to welcome our new sponsors and appreciate the remaining sponsors that have returned and continue to support the Speedway. UMP membership is required in all classes but Street Stock and Micros. You can buy a UMP membership in the Street Stock class and run for points, but you are not required to buy a UMP membership. Again this year you can purchase your UMP membership at the track.

We are excited to announce that we will continue to have a guaranteed point fund for the 2015 season. This year all drivers must buy their membership for the Highland Speedway. It is $30 for the year. Membership must be purchased by May 1st. Our points will start on April 11, 2015 after the Lucky 40. Points will be awarded for each race except the Summer Nationals for Late Models and Modified. If you chose not to buy a membership, you may pay a temporary fee of $5 each time you race at the Highland Speedway starting April 11th.

This year the Speedway will be having some great giveaways courtesy of our sponsors. To participate in any giveaway, you must purchase a 50/50 ticket. Following are some of the amazing giveaways we have lined up for the 2015 season. Tri Ford is giving someone a chance to win a 2015 Ford during Christmas in July on July 18th. Maybe Santa will fill your stocking with a new Ford? On June 20th, B/Wet-B/Dry Solutions will give someone an above ground pool. During the Leaps of Love race on August 1, a vacation to Pigeon Forge will be given along with a stay in a very nice condo. There will be other opportunities for fans to win, but these are among the top giveaways this year. All for the price of a 50/50 ticket!

Ticket prices have stayed the same this year, but we have added a new price for students. Adults are $12, children 12 and under are free, and students ages 13 – 17 are $6 per regular racing night. Students must show their school id to get the student price. Pit passes are $30 and children 12 and under are $15 with parental supervision at all times in the pits during regular races.

We are also glad to welcome Scott Credit Union as the 2015 sponsor of our JR Fan Club. The JR Fan Club is free to all children 12 and under. All they need to do is sign up behind the ticket booth. Sign up just one time for the year. The Easter Bunny will be making a trip to the Speedway on Saturday, April 4th. There will be an Easter Egg Hunt for JR Fan Club. April 18th will be the first of three bicycle giveaways this year. Bags of goodies will be given out each night courtesy of Tribout Carnival Supply. There will be nickel races and more fun events during the season.

The Highland Speedway is looking forward to some great racing during the 2015 season. Come on out to the track and enjoy the show that our drivers put on each and every night.

Why? Why are you asking low buck teams to donate to better financed teams (point fund) by charging another 30$ to join your association? We are already being penalized by UMP and the cost of pit passes. you announced sponsors for each division so why make us pay. Seems to me you would want to encourage participation rather than throwing up even more obstacles for struggling teams. Are you just trying to keep the riff-raff out? sincerely Rick Standridge.

I don't know the exact numbers but I'm pretty sure the point fund at highland is very sizable, and not just the winner. I believe it pays very well all the way through the field. In all classes.

I don't know the exact numbers but I'm pretty sure the point fund at highland is very sizable, and not just the winner. I believe it pays very well all the way through the field. In all classes.
I dont believe they
I dont think that they pa
I dont think they pay more than the top ten positions so if you tear up bad or blow an engine you are unlikely to get any of the money that you yourself contributed... not only through association memberships but also through pit parking fees and pit passes. There are a lot of racers who dont have spare parts for everything nor backup engines like most well financed teams. Maybe it has always been this way but I am getting tired of contributing to a point fund that I have very little chance of breaking even in.

Well if you enter a golf ,bowling,softball,ping pong ,anything tournament and you suck you don't get any money just try not to suck or race a class that you can afford to have spares for I could race a latemodel or sprint car an suck but I choose to run a modified were I have a better chance at not sucking hope this was helpful advise

Well if you enter a golf ,bowling,softball,ping pong ,anything tournament and you suck you don't get any money just try not to suck or race a class that you can afford to have spares for I could race a latemodel or sprint car an suck but I choose to run a modified were I have a better chance at not sucking hope this was helpful advise
You are missing my point. If I did not have to spend the unnecessary money to prop up the point fund I could probably afford a few more spares. I just am getting tired of paying extra for tires, pit passes, fuel, or parts (where contingency money raises the price),association fees, entry fees, and UMP membership fees, to fund point funds that benefit well financed teams. Why not lower costs instead of raising them . I am not whining, it just does not seem right. If all the little guys quit the big boys would look silly racing 5 or 6 other cars and weekly racing would become a thing of the past. It is almost that way now. Special races seem to be the only really healthy situation right now . I do have to thank Highland Speedway for at least letting us know in advance ( I have been ambushed at some tracks) that we need to bring more money to race. I am sorry if my rant has offended anyone. Kermit, do the golf, tennis, tiddly-winks, bowling tournaments and so forth charge for anything other than entrys? Do the poor golfers pay for the pro's clubs? By your reasoning , lets all just pay 1000.00 for membership and 500.00 a night entry fee and race for 10,000 to win. Maybe you are right and I Should sell out and quit. Rick Standridge

Lol when are you gonna start not sucking rusty!!!!!
Just kidding rusty but the point is why do we racers have to pay the point fund or join the dam associations

Funny thing that the associations and sanctioning bodies are supposed to help control cost for the budget racer and all racers for that matter. In fact what they do is increase the cost. Higher tires costs due to added sponsor fees, etc etc etc. Tell me one thing they did to reduce costs. Oh yea that spoiler thing. Lmfao. Then on top you are required to pay these extra fees when as a budget or part time racer you will never see any points fund money.

Last point Racers and promoters should see sanctioning body expenses and payouts versus revenue. They don't do it because they put a ton of money in there own pockets and the pockets of their friends who they cut tires deals etc. with. Just the facts ma'am just the facts!

could you please clarify the bonus money for the B-mod class? Will the top 3 drivers receive $600 each or is the $600 split up? Thanks for the info

Rick I don't want anyone to quit I was just saying everything is expensive pretty much just joking with a little truth lol as far as the sanctioning fees and all that stuff I don't like paying them either just kinda roll with the punches ,my buddy Al kinda opened my eyes to the glass is half full thinking ,if you want my honest opinion the new tires will surely wear out faster and the no spoiler deal didn't do me any favors so far but there is nothing we can do about it good luck this season Rick

I might ruffle a few ppl with this but I honestly think they should bring back the pro 4s for 2 simple reasons they were more fun to watch Instead of the micros single file racing every weekend and cost is way less for them cars jmo I really hope they consider trying to give them a chance to come back I know alot of ppl talk about and miss the class there

I might ruffle a few ppl with this but I honestly think they should bring back the pro 4s for 2 simple reasons they were more fun to watch Instead of the micros single file racing every weekend and cost is way less for them cars jmo I really hope they consider trying to give them a chance to come back I know alot of ppl talk about and miss the class there

I don't know what micro races you're watching, but I think they're a blast. I raced a pro-4 and even I thought they were painful to watch 90% of the time. If I remember right, there was more than one occasion where the micros turned quicker laps than the late models did. That being said, I still can't believe this class is dying at the rate it is. Seems like a no brainer when the pro 4 drivers and pit crews are paying the same price to get in, but running for $100 to win.

If you're planning on racing at Highland all season, I don't see where $30 is an outrageous amount to enter the points fund. They're not making you have a UMP membership for micros or street stocks, so why not just be happy that you're receiving points money that actually stays local instead of paying for bigger money shows elsewhere in the country? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Last edited:
Rick I don't want anyone to quit I was just saying everything is expensive pretty much just joking with a little truth lol as far as the sanctioning fees and all that stuff I don't like paying them either just kinda roll with the punches ,my buddy Al kinda opened my eyes to the glass is half full thinking ,if you want my honest opinion the new tires will surely wear out faster and the no spoiler deal didn't do me any favors so far but there is nothing we can do about it good luck this season Rick
Rusty you deserve all the point money you get. I was just upset that the race track kind of bragged about all classes being sponsored and then in the same release said we must join their association. This was not the case in the past. Why not just reduce the point fund by 30.00$ each position instead of making us pay our own point fund? It's not just the 30 (that's only one pit pass) but its getting aggravating when it seems they didn't have to with the sponsors returning. I don't believe racers should pay their own point fund. I know this is ancient history but I did win two track point championships (Springfield 1982 and Dixie 1984) and received only trophys , no money. Good luck this season, you are what I consider a real racer.

[QUOTE="If you chose not to buy a membership, you may pay a temporary fee of $5 each time you race at the Highland Speedway starting April 11th.[/QUOTE]

Is this you MAY pay a temporary fee of $5 each night, or you MUST pay $5? why make the casual racer pay this if they dont care? If you want to participate in the point fund, pay the fee, if not, dont include them in the points standings.

I read the quote many times. I take it that may means must! They should let you opt out of the point fund!

Come to Fulton then you'll never complain about racing in the STL. The closest track we have is Moberly which is an hour away and they run completely different rules in 3 of their 5 classes. Next closest track in operation is tri-city, which is 2 hours. So we have no other options. We pay a $30 membership fee a year plus the 2 classes that are sanctioned pay their fees. Last year we won the points and got $0.00. We love to race and they don't appreciate the racers there but we'll be back this year because we're racers. Just consider yourselves lucky. You are located in a racing hotbed, with many options and with tracks that try to work together and give back to the racers.

Back