2016 UMP A Mod tire >>>>????

blackex14

Hi saw this on another board...I have reposted.

NOTE this info was on the rules for the Eldora stock cars but the last parts affects mods.

Has anyone heard of a new tire for 2016? These are the rules for the Eldora Stock Cars which were updated 11/17/15. TIRES & WHEELS (subject to update by bulletin) a. All wheels must be steel 8" maximum with 1" lug nuts. b. Right front and right rear must be racing wheels. c. Stock D.O.T. radial passenger tires that fit 10 1/2" inch hoop are permitted for use in 2016. d. Approved DIRTcar Modified Hoosier compounds D-40, A-40 plus the Hoosier H-500 will be permitted for 2016. The “NEW” DIRTcar UMP National Modified compound will not be permitted.

Anyone in the know have more info ????

can't they leave things alone after last years debacle, looking thru the hoosier catalog I saw RC4 compound not sure if thats the new or not

Last edited:
yes, the tire was tested extensively at I-55 and Tri-City at the end of the season. Goal is to get to one compound tire. But you will be able to use existing tires for most or all of 2016.

Jimmy thanks for the tip, I dont think a lot of folks know about the new tire...would be good if UMP got rules out.

BTW f40, I dont want or need your comments on my spelling. Please go play grammar police somewhere else. f40 I am not in the least bit concerned with how you rate my post or spelling.

Back