2017 UMP Modified rules posted

15.1 - Engine:
L.) The GM Performance 602 or 604 crate engine will be permitted for competition.

Just wondering why Ford Performance crate engines are not allowed. What is wrong with a little competition under the hoods?

for us low bux racer the tire rule NOW will work - opens up the PRE-RUN RUBBER market for I hope the season-not that I go fast enough to burn up tires--JMO --

15.1 - Engine:
L.) The GM Performance 602 or 604 crate engine will be permitted for competition.

Just wondering why Ford Performance crate engines are not allowed. What is wrong with a little competition under the hoods?

What about a mopar crate engine?

I agree what about the ford and mopar y can't them be aloud?

What rule do you guys think outlaws any Ford or Mopar crate engines? As long as it has a cast iron block, a wet sump oil pump, distributor, 1 carburetor, and no turbo/blower, it is legal.

Last edited:
What breaks? That they are exempt from claims? When is the last time an engine has actually been claimed?

There are no weight breaks and no spoilers for a crate engine in a U.M.P. modified. Maybe in some other series, but this thread was about U.M.P.

The only rule difference is that a sealed GM 602 or 604 is not subject to being claimed. (Who in their right mind would want to claim that thing anyway?)

I know Ford offers a circle track crate engine, that is obviously legal. I don't know if Mopar does. They may. And if it falls within the rules, there is no reason it can't be run.

Mopar doesnt offer a "circle track racing" crate engine, you would have to spend more for oil pan and accessories to use their crate engine which then doesnt make it cost effective for comparable hp to ford and chevy. A 375 hp 360 is $6000 alone

Back