A promoter helping himself

rvincent21

rvincent21
Saw a facebook post today from someone at Farmington. He was asking if a few drivers would park their cars at the spectator gate to greet fans as they come in. Promising to have them back in their pits with plenty of time to make the drivers meeting.

THIS is the stuff that can work. What does it cost for a couple drivers to volunteer their cars to be on display for a couple hours? Most teams unload and the car just sits there til hot laps.

I believe this type of thing could benefit any race track. It cost the promoter nothing and the teams arent out anything either. I for one would love to see this at Pevely. Some kids dont get to see the cars up close because theyre asleep when the show is over. Let the parents see them. If the driver is ok with it, let the kids sit in the cars!

Lets hear opinions.

I havent ever seen it but i rarely go in the spectator gate. Point is this is the sort of stuff where everyone wins for zero dollars. So why do we not see this consistently. Jr fan club and after races are not enough fan interaction.

Heres another idea. A fan appreciation event. Pick.one week late summer where all the drivers that can show up at say noon. Everyone unload and do a car show of race cars. Meet and greet with the drivers. All it cost the drivers is time. Promoters spread the word several months in advance.

Bottom line is other tracks are finding creative ways to reach new fans, as well as reconnect with current fans. There is no patent on these ideas that ive seen. Pevely is a great facility, but wont survive solely on its name.

Ppl get your brains going. Think of little or no cost ways to draw ppl in. Post them here. Promoters cant do it all. If we want this sport to survive we have to be the lifeblood.

Heres another idea. A fan appreciation event. Pick.one week late summer where all the drivers that can show up at say noon. Everyone unload and do a car show of race cars. Meet and greet with the drivers. All it cost the drivers is time. Promoters spread the word several months in advance. YEAH THAT WOULD HAPPEN

I-55 had Chris Soutiea with his Sportsman car at some schools over the winter as well.. I believe scorer Eileen Waters went as well and did some teaching on how common things learned in school are applied to racing...

Heres another idea. A fan appreciation event. Pick.one week late summer where all the drivers that can show up at say noon. Everyone unload and do a car show of race cars. Meet and greet with the drivers. All it cost the drivers is time. Promoters spread the word several months in advance. YEAH THAT WOULD HAPPEN
Do you ever have anything positive to say?

Hello is anybody home its been done for years what needs to be is have race teams away from the track with their car on display

Hot damn he made a good point. I have brought the idea up to a local business to host a race car show on a saturday. Either at or away from the track, any up close interaction with fans and especially kids is a great idea. Memorial weekend parades, carnival car shows. Sponsors would probably love to do a public event and have a race car that they sponsor there.

I have a high school diploma and working to a bachelors in applied science, and IM coming up with this stuff. Theres tons of brilliant minds here. Think positive and get the thinking caps on

Last edited:
One thing we did last year at Benton raceway park was during intermission we gave the kids rides on the cars. I know back in the old days that was a big thing and why kids came to the races. I'm sure theres a big liability by doing that but it seemed to help because more people came the following weekend with their kids because they wanted a ride. I think tracks getting involved with local schools and educating students at those schools on racing is a great idea. If a kid sees that type of thing at schools and it interests them, they will beg their parents to take them.

you get the kids into it and the parents will bring them thats for sure! We dont miss a chance to get our car right in the middle of a bunch of school kids anytime. If its ready to go then my Son "the driver" stands at the ready to toss em in and out of the car. I keep my old butt in front with the camera offering to send pics to phones or email address so those pictures show up at home!

Back