alternater

tr14

Does anyone run one?
What kind of mount for short water pump chevy?

Tory Ernst told me he used to run a stock alternator on his Sportsman, and it worked well but after awhile it burnt up the bearings from the high rpms.

I have ran mine since '94 with no problems, replaced the brushes once only because I had it apart cleaning it.

Its not a bad idea at all. No charger to take to the track, good starts when you kill it on a spin. They do make underdrive pulleys for them. I have an aluminium one for standard v-belts for $15, if you decide you really need one.

Alt.

With todays Ignitions, you really need one. A MSD 6 or 7AL will pull some juice and they like 13-14.5 volts. We turn ours off during the race, On will idleing around and running the track in..I know we probably couldn't tell the difference, but in our heads,?? Like 302 said, It keeps the battery hot. I know alot of Drag guys that run them till they make a pass, then they turn them off. Good Luck!

alternator?

I ran one in a street stock and it worked well. Speedway sells a cheap, one wire alt., and I think they've got a lightweight one now for a few more bucks. By the way, if you run a built up HEI system, they THRIVE on the extra juice that the alternator will give you. DO use the larger pulley! BigDaddyCrash9

Lefthander sells them, and the brackets for a short pump. Contact me or any lefthander dealer, to order one.

Back