any 2017 info out there?

Jimmy Cummins

CEO, Cummins Lumber Co.
Have any tracks made any plans for the 2017 season? Rule changes? Sanction changes or drops? I am sure a lot of the Late Model guys are curious about these rule changes. I have heard UMP is changing the tire rule again.Anybody know about UMP mandating wheel covers with 5 or 6 dzus fasteners instead of 3? Personally I am curious about b-mod rule changes and what tracks may or may not be sanctioned. I have heard a closed track may be opening again. Just curious, I havent heard much information. I have started to see some tracks come out with schedules and USRA has their 2017 rules out, just wondering what is going on around here.

I wish area tracks would allow the Ford guys run the spec motor equivalent to the 602 crate. Have it assembled by appointed and approved engine builders only. By the way the spec motor is cheaper to build than it is to buy 602 motor then buy all the accessories

what accessories? i have a hard time understanding how people can have somebody else build them a brand new engine from scratch for less than $3500. Not every person can put things together themselves, not everybody has a buddy that do the machine work for next to nothing, not everybody can find deals on used parts. I am all about cutting costs and saving money but having $1500 in an engine that would cost $8000 to replace isnt a $1500 engine. Part of the reason I made this post is I am trying to put together an "open" 355 and dont want to get it done in January and find out in March it has too much compression or I cant run the roller rockers or the intake or whatever.

Supposedly in the works
Central & Northern Illinois, Indiana & Southern Michigan
Northern Allstar Modified Tour.

Also hoping i55 lets up on their chain limiter rule and doesn't force open engine guys to go to 2700lbs..

i am also wishing the 2017 rules where out there because i am building another street stock for next year and im doing it all myself im not having a chassis shop do it ( not in the budget) so time is of essence and i will be extremely up setup if i they give us the rules just a few weeks before the season starts ( like they did last year) and there is something i could of done differently. or did something that isnt allowed now

Sounds like the new rules are top secret......So does that mean we can do whatever we want because we have nothing to build our cars to?

Back