Ashley Newman Stays on Fire in 2014

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Ripley, Tennessee (07/22/14) – Ashley Newman is enjoying a career season in 2014 with double digit wins, and his latest conquest in his #73 Upton Motorsports/Bob Pierce Late Model came in the $3,000-to-win, NeSmith Late Model Series affair at Clayhill Motorsports (Atwood, Tennessee) on Saturday night.

Thirty-two NeSmith Crate Late Model entries registered for the event, and via preliminary action Newman locked into the third starting spot for the $3,000-to-win finale. In the feature Newman inherited the lead from pole-sitter and race-long leader Ronnie Johnson, when he slowed with a flat tire on the sixteenth circuit. Newman survived a close call on lap 39 when Ronnie Cooper spun in front of him and collected him, but he was restored to the lead as Cooper was charged with the caution. Newman went unchallenged for most of the remainder of the event en route to the victory, which came over Mike Palasini Jr., Johnny Stokes, Tait Davenport, and Chris Noah. The win marked lucky #13 on the season for Newman.

"I thought we were toast, when the lapped car spun in front of us late in the feature, but luckily we were reinstated to the lead," said Newman. "The Uptons, my sponsors, and my crew provide me with an awesome race car and opportunity each and every week, and I can't thank them enough for everything that they all do."

Complete results from the event can be found at www.NeSmithRacing.com

The upcoming weekend will see the team entering a single event as they travel to Camden Speedway (Camden, Tennessee) for a NeSmith Weekly Late Model Series program on Saturday night. For more information on the event, please visit www.CamdenRacing.com .

Upton Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors including Greg's Sawmill, 45 Race Shop, Best One Tire & Service, Gary Beard Trucking, Bob Pierce Race Cars, Schoenfeld Headers, Real Racing Wheels, Ace Sign Company, Team 5 Enterprise, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Upton Motorsports, please visit www.UptonMotorsports.com .

Thanks!
Ben Shelton, Owner
MSR Mafia - www.MSRMafia.com
The Midsouth Racing Scene - www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back