Ashton Winger Records Runner-Up Finish in the Donnie Tanner Memorial

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Set for Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals Double Shot

Hampton, Georgia (04/08/19) – After seeing his initial plans to compete with the Durrence Layne Dirt Late Model Series washed away by Mother Nature, Ashton Winger was presented with the opportunity to pilot Jimmy Waldrop’s No. 9 Winsupply/ Johnny Doan Plumbing Late Model in the annual Donnie Tanner Memorial at East Bay Raceway Park. Not only did Winger graciously accept the offer, but he also almost picked up the $5,000 victory.

After leading the first five laps, Winger ultimately finished second behind race winner, Devin Dixon.

“First and foremost, I want to thank Jimmy Waldrop for asking me to drive his car. It was an unbelievable opportunity for me,” Winger commented. “He and his crew gave me an awesome racecar, and I really thought we had a chance to win it but just came up short. Devin [Dixon] drove a great race, and I congratulate him on the win. I sure hate running second, but if you’re going to do it, there’s now shame in it coming to a guy like Devin.”

Ashton Winger made a guest appearance in Jimmy Waldrop’s No. 9 Late Model on Saturday night at East Bay Raceway Park (Gibsonton, Florida) during the annual running of the Donnie Tanner Memorial. With 26 competitors entered, Winger earned the pole position for the feature via preliminary action.

Ashton led the first five circuits of the 50 lapper before relinquishing the top spot. Over the next several laps, Winger, Dixon, Travis Varnadore and Jeff Matthews battled for the lead. Winger ultimately settled into a runner-up finish behind Dixon. Steve Mathis Jr., Travis Varnadore and Jeff Mathews completed the Top-5 at the checkered flag.

For full results from the event, please visit www.ebrp.co .

This weekend – April 12-13 – Ashton returns to the driver’s seat o his Johnny Doan Plumbing #12 Franklin Enterprises/ The Realty Queen & Team/ XR1 Rocket Chassis Super Late Model in a pair of Schaeffer’s Oil Spring Nationals events.

On Friday night he makes his debut at Clay Valley Speedway (Coeburn, Virginia), where a $4,000 top prize will be on the line, while Saturday will find him battling for a $10,000 winner’s check at Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee).

For more information on the events, please visit www.SouthernNationalsSeries.com .

Ashton Winger would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include Textron Off Road, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, Boydbilt Fabrication Spring-Pro, Collins Signs, Turkey Creek Snacks, Franklin Enterprises, The Realty Queen & Team, Johnny Doan Plumbing, Rocket Chassis, Advanced Technology Motorsports, FK Rod Ends, CSR Aluminum Fabrication, Will Kinzer Foundation for Autism Research, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Off Axis Paint, O.H. Hendricks Sheet Metal, Hoosier Tire South, VP Racing Fuels, Schaeffer’s Racing Oil, RSD Enterprises, 2 Brothers Motorsports, Racing Radio, Stealth Racing Carburetors, Fast Shafts, K&N Racing Filters, Integra MX Springs, GW Performance, J&C Properties and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Ashton Winger, please visit his internet home at www.AshtonWinger.com as well as his social media channels at facebook.com/AshtonWingerRacing12 and Twitter.com/AshtonWinger .

Ben Shelton, Owner

MSR Mafia Marketing Services – www.MSRmafia.com

Midsouth Racing Scene – www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back