Tri-City Speedway Attention All Tri-City/Highland Street Stock Owners & Drivers!

Revin

After careful deliberation, In the bucket Spring Adjusters, Spring Shim's or Spring Rubbers will be LEGAL in the Street Stock Class at Tri-City Speedway & Highland Speedway for the remainder of the 2014 season. Shock's will remain in STOCK Location!

Thank's, Kevin

Last edited:
So you carefully deliberated the rules you have in place?

Please enforce the rules you have and no more of this "change it and come back" enforcement.

Thank you for clarifying though

The rules were set at the Rules Meeting last January. Driver's pushed the rules and the grey area that was stated in Black and White in the 2014 rules. If driver's would not have bent the rules we would have not had to made any changes or even have to address this Mid-Season.

I agree with racer6e. Rules are rules...you break them you get punished!!! I have yet to understand why they don't just go ahead and let this class run weight jacks and move the shocks!!

I think the reason for no weight jacks or moving the shocks is to keep this class as simple as it can be.
If you keep giving then more stuff sooner or later you have over engineered a class for people starting out and want to gain experience. Might as well call them sportsmans again and let the class die out once more if it comes to that.

Last edited:
What i want to know is what all started it and why? And was every car tech'd illegal to some degree?

The weight jacks and moving the shocks are only to make the car handle better. Spending dollars on race cars make them handle better. As ive said we seem to be all about giving guys ways to spend more money to go fast. I personally think it needs slowed down to make a driver hone his actual driving skills and not break the wallet doing so in a beginner's class. Its just a thought

This is why racing is struggling!! No rules.. Wait there are rules but!!!!!!!! Tracks and promoters are to chicken shit to enforce them!! Wonder why classes get out of hand. No one polices them. If they do they slap the cheater on wrist and say bad boy!! Tracks need to step up plain and simple!!!

last year they were allowed, so i guess they changed over the winter. the adjustable spring buckets had to be welded on the adjuster to the threads, not the spring bucket, to be legal. If they were allowed i dont know why anyone would not allow them this year. Makes the cost go up and the handling go down...Oh well, I just find it funny that the drivers complain that tech is not done, then it is and they get caught in what i would consider black and white, not grey, and them throw a big fit about it....Next year i would be dead set on the rules and enforce them, if you push a grey area and get caught, then sucks to be you...

Rick,
When did you start racing Street Stocks?? As always outspoken!!

To answer the question, We allowed the Shims or Spacers all year. At the end of the day why are
the adjusters any different? They both do the same thing!

Saturday 10 of the 16 cars at Highland either had Spring Adjusters are Spacers!

Kevin

Kevin.
I started at bottom and worked my way up. I understand the struggles. I understand tracks fudging rules or not reinforcing them. Shouldn't matter what I run. I am a racer. Always will be!

Wether it's rules, dirty driving, fighting etc!!!! Tracks need to step up and reinforce rules. Not turn blind eyes to it because afraid to run one car off!! May run more cars off if you don't. This is not shot just against you. It's every track!!

Thanks Kevin for clarification, weight jacks or just more convenient than plates for spacers, you start running outboard shocks then you start spending more, we run all stock mount stuff in this class and earlier in the season we won a 2500 to win show against ump street stocks which all had weight jacks and outboard shocks, most outlaws street stock shows like batesville required stock mount in front and those guys will run circles around most of us so its just a matter of making what you have work, i like the rules just like they are, JMO! Adjustable buckets welded do the same thing as plates and spacers! scrap piece of plate is cheap!

For the sake of discusion. If 10 out of 16 cars were running e85 would it then be made legal the following week. Even though the rules said no e85?
I wasn't at highland sat but had I been it would have been 1 more car without spacers or adjusters.

I understand the reasoning behind the decision. It does the same thing, so why not just make them legal? 10 out of 16 have it, it does the same job, so what's the point of making an issue of it?

The problem is this creates the impression that rules are set by what the majority are doing, rather than what the track wrote down. While over this single issue this decision makes perfect sense, people are always going to take whatever the decision is and run with it and try to apply it to all the rules, or accuse the promoter of not sticking to their rules, etc.

It's tough being a promoter. A lot of decisions you make are for the right reasons, but you can guarantee there will be a contingent that will refuse to see that it's actually a fair decision, but instead choose to paint you in crap and use it as further evidence that you stink as a promoter.

I've always thought a promoter should develop a reputation for saying no to every request for a change in the rules, waiver on the rules, or alteration to the rules by anyone. People may think you are an unreasonable jerk, but they won't accuse you of favoritism or not sticking to your rules, even if it turns out during the course of the season to be a meaningless or irrelevant rule.

Like it or not working the "grey area" has and always will be part of the racing culture, regardless of what your racing. I for one look at this as one of the greatest aspects of our sport and feel that it is where much of the innovation in our sport comes from. I love the creativity and out of the box thinking that is required to work in these "grey areas".

Is there flat out cheating going on in the sport, yes; but those are usually the guys who are to arrogant or lazy to do the hard work and would rather shell out money in hopes of it making them faster. (this type of behavior is truly hurting the sport)

Smokey Yunich used to say that "it isn't cheating if the rules don’t say that you can’t do it."

just my $0.02

Shims or spacers are in the rules. Spring Adjusters are not so you had 10 cars the were not legal by the rules. It is that plan and simple now what you did to fix it SUCKS!!!. Majority rules SUCKS!!!

Back