Federated Auto Parts @ I-55 Attn: UMP Pro Mods (B-Mods) at I-55

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 utilizes the UMP rules for Pro Modifieds (B-Mods)..

The weight rule will be strictly enforced for the remainder of the season which is as follows:

GM 602 crate: 2400lbs
All other engines: 2500lbs

Weren't they going by these rules? Page 73 of UMP Pro Mod Rules.Nothing on I55 Rules that changed this that I saw.

15.4 Weight

A.) All added weight(s) must be painted white with the car number clearly labeled on each weight.

B.) All added weight(s) must be securely mounted to car with minimum of two (2) 1/2”-inch

bolts that pass completely through each weight and the car. Weights that are mounted on the

rear bumper or outside the body of the car will not be permitted. All added weight must be

mounted below all windows and the interior sheet metal.

C.) Any car that loses any weight(s) during any event may be fined up to $500.00.

***D.) The minimum weight of car with driver at all times including after the race is 2,400 lbs.

****E.) Cars using any engine combination other than the Chevy Performance 602 is 2014-2,500 pounds. 2015–2600 pounds, 2016–2700 pds.

Why are they making us bolt on another hundred for next year too? I'm building a bmod right now and this pisses me off..before were done its gna weigh the same as a sportsman!

Top 5 for last 3 weeks were 2500 +, stand at scales against wall and you can see for yourself, unless scales are wrong lol

Ok but next year it's 2700?? Last time I raced my sportsman it only had to weigh 29..now I buy a new lighter car to go faster and they're gna make me bolt three, four almost five hundred pounds on it? Ridiculous and like I said it pisses me off and makes me question what I'm even doing.

To an extent I agree about placement. But that theory only goes so far before you're overworking your entire car, engine, suspension, drive terrain and TIRES by making these cars unnecessarily heavy.

2600 next year and since all your average mods and I mean all, weigh in the 2500 range your only adding around 100lbs, I do not agree with either, I believe in chip rule across board and equal weight which the way things go in ump it will change again

If u go to highland speedway under news they have the 2015 amendments to b mod rules and all nine tracks including i55 had a minimum weight of 2400 for 2015 it's right there for anyone to see I think Bwrc is correct most if not all are weighing heavy to keep or have rear percentage the ump weight rules that are listed are incorrect they were wrong from the time they came out when class first started weight was 2550 for first 3 years

Back