Bad Calls

Friday night at the Rock for me was with mixed emotions. I was so looking forward to the races and the crowd and car count was great. BUTT, there was atleast a couple VERY bad calls !!!!!!! I dont know who made them but i totaly believe that TRAVIS GOODMAN was SCREWED out of a feature win last night. The officials were told that there was water or fuel on the track in turns 3 and 4. It was VERY slick and that was very obvious. When the race was restarted on the next to last lap TRAVIS spun ( due to the slickness of the track ) along with others, and he was ROBBED out of that feature win !!!!!!! Then the #4 of Mark Howell seemed to be more interested in beating and banging tearing up others cars and his own car. When BLACK FLAGGED by the MAIN flagman 2 times........ He was then placed on the back of the pack and allowed to continue to race ! IS THIS A NEW RULE ???? I have always understood that when you are BLACK FLAGGED that is an invitation to " take your car to the pits " ??? BAD CALLS BY SOMEONE THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED !!!!!! Just my humble opinion ............ LeaDonna

The track officials met and discussed issues from the previous night before the races on Saturday and I think they pretty well got everything worked out.

There were some questions about "restarts" Saturday night, but everything was handled exactly as it should have been. The RAMS feature had three bad starts to the feature so then they had to go on a single-file start.

it wasnt only the hobby stocks that were having bad calls last night! can someone please explain the restart rule to me? cuz if forster was going the right thing, thats messed up. another thing, can we please try to throw the caution sooner?! like in the mini stocks, wes kintz was coming off turn 4, and almost slammed right into who ever that was the caution was for! that can get PRETTY dangerous if you ask me! oh, another thing, can we please please please please PLEASE use the black flag when we need to! joe giesler was ALL OVER so many guys last night that i lost count! he's an alright guy when he races clean, but lately, that hasnt been happening very often! oh, and on friday night, what was the deal with dean resinger and chris boyd? okay, now, i'm not like, telling you all how to do anything, i'm just making suggestions. oh, by the way, congrats to brent thompson on his feature win friday, and congrats to billy "the kidd" smith on his triple crown saturday!!

On restarts, when the lead person takes the green flag racing resumes. They all don't have to cross where the cone is. That's why Randy Forster was doing so well on restarts for a while, but then he jumped the gun once and was penalized two spots.

ok....

okay, thanks for making that clear for me, its still kinda dumb though, i think we need the cone back, that way its a little more interesting

I like the new"restart" rule with out the cone but the first lap restart rule stinks. I think if it's the first lap and you bring a yellow, reline us up BUT whoever causes the caution should have to go to the back. I was so tired of watching the same guy bring out the yellow then go past me and reline up just to do it again. Then does the 2 cautions and your out rule still exist? Because if it is it wasn't enforced.

But then I was just happy to finish because my truck was having problems. Started in the back and finished 8th with basically 3 cylinders. I take that one. But don't worry I found the problem today and all is good.

Hobbiestock

Hobbiestock if you are curious that was Travis' own water...he blew a lower radiator hose....he had a tough nite before that happened...they broke an axle in the dash but got it fixed and almost won his feature...but by reading he tripled saturday...this kid has came along way from last year!!

NOW I understand why I didn't see it on the track when they came around the first time!! Thanks for clearing that up Bud Man!

there

needs to be a big stlracing.com reunion at f'town raceway! bud_man_8, que pasa, trashdog, wheelman21, jpr,sprintfan32, me. dang wouldn't it be crazy for everyone to know who everyone is on here. daang!

Re: there

Originally posted by j.j.slideways!!
needs to be a big stlracing.com reunion at f'town raceway! bud_man_8, que pasa, trashdog, wheelman21, jpr,sprintfan32, me. dang wouldn't it be crazy for everyone to know who everyone is on here. daang!

mmmm lets see wheel, 21 Jpr ,trashdog,all know each other and we all know who Que Pasa is now becuase he pitts for the wolf realy the only one we don't know is Budman8 and jjslideways:D

HA!...Reunion

Could be done JJ. Hell you and me, Sprintfan have a life but have no other close choices....One night we need to go to Doe Run.

Back