Baxter Records Top-Five Finishes During Back-to-Back Weekends

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - STOCKTON, Calif. (April 23, 2019) - Blaine Baxter scored a career-best top-five finish in the Restricted micro sprint class last Saturday night at Delta Speedway.

His impressive performance followed another notable racing achievement the previous weekend when Baxter notched a top-five finish in his first career race in the Super class at Dixon Speedway in Dixon, Calif.

ea27da79-6972-4dbb-848e-c028c7336cd3.jpg
The momentum carried between the two races as Baxter got off to a solid start last Saturday at Delta Speedway by qualifying second quickest out of 30 drivers, far exceeding his previous best qualifying effort. That set the tone for the evening as a good qualifying effort is critical to a desirable starting spot in the feature.

"I was able to hold it wide open during qualifying," he said. "I missed my marks in turns one and two on the first lap, but I was able to hit all of them after that."

Baxter started fourth in his heat race and eventually won. That lined him up fifth in the main event.

"The others raced the top of the track and I was able to run the bottom and get the lead and the win," he said of the heat race. "Unfortunately, the track became difficult to pass on and it was mainly follow the leader (in the main event). I just pretty much held my position for most of the race and finished fifth."

The previous weekend Baxter produced another notable racing moment at Dixon Speedway, where he made his debut in the Super class. It was also the first appearance of their car that has a wrap in memory of their cousin, Jennifer Topper, who died earlier this year while piloting a medical rescue and transport helicopter. The team has dedicated their season to her memory.

"That was a pretty exciting day," Baxter said. "It was exciting to run the Super for the first time and also to run the No. 14 for the first time in honor of our cousin."

Baxter quickly felt comfortable in the higher-powered racing machine. He qualified third quickest out of 14 cars and finished fourth in his heat race. Baxter then placed second in the dash, lining him up on the outside of the front row for the main event.

"I felt really confident going into the A Main," he said. "But the guy starting beside me jumped the start and they let it go. It cost me a bunch of spots. I dropped back to eighth, but I was able to work my way back toward the front and I finished fourth."

Baxter's performance was even more impressive considering the 11-year-old was by far the youngest driver in the field.

"Most of the drivers in the Super class are into adulthood," said Blaine's father, Dustin Baxter. "The track made an exception to allow him to race there. Generally, you need to be at least 12-years-old at the beginning of the season and have two years of experience racing a micro."

Blaine Baxter plans to return to action in the Super class this Saturday at Dixon Speedway.

"Blaine's always done well racing with more power so I wasn't surprised with how well he did in his first race in the Super," Dustin Baxter said. "His confidence is really high now and we're looking forward to a good season."

QUICK RESULTS -

April 13 - Dixon Speedway in Dixon, Calif. - Qualifying: 3; Heat race: 4 (3); Dash: 2 (1); Feature: 4 (2).

April 20 - Delta Speedway in Stockton, Calif. - Qualifying: 2; Heat race: 1 (4); Feature: 5 (5).

SEASON STATS -

6 races, 0 wins, 2 top fives, 3 top 10s, 6 top 15s, 6 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Saturday at Dixon Speedway in Dixon, Calif.

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/blainebaxter25

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaineBaxterRacing/

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Arai Helmets

Arai Helmets is a third-generation family business that has manufactured helmets for over 60 years. Their goal is to craft the best possible helmet for their customers. For more information, visit https://www.araiamericas.com/.

"Arai builds a very safe helmet and I feel they are the best in the business," Baxter said. "They also treat us very well."

Blaine Baxter Racing would also like to thank Westside Mechanical, Les Schwab Tire Center, Dirt Co Media House, FK Shocks, Shell Shock, Dustin Davis Demolition, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, Blackbeard, D1 Chassis, Wraps N Motion, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Energycoil, Adams Performance and Adidas Motorsport Apparel for their continued support.

Back