Belle-Clair Speedway adopts LM40 only tire rule on right rear

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Belle-Clair Speedway's 2015 Late Model Tire Rule will be as follows: On the right rear, the Hoosier LM 40 is the only tire permitted. On the left rear, right front and left front the LM 20 & LM 40 are the only tires permitted.

While it's nice they are doing this I wish all the tracks would of decided this sooner, since I have more RR 20s compared to 40s. Looks like they are a waste of money now

I'm blaming it on UMP. They should have done this in late fall instead of pushing it on the promoters. Rules should come from the sanctioning body! But when there is no action they force promoters to do so and kudos to those promoters! They overall savings to racers is awesome.

The tracks should allow like a 4-6 week run off rule to give guys a chance to use up the RR 20's they have already purchased jmo.

Right rear is the only place most late models run a 92. 90s everywhere else. Would mean setting car different and checking and trimming opening going with the 4" larger tire.
There should be a burn off period.

Just to make it clear to people a 92 measures out to 90-92" and a 90 measures out 87-88" usually.

Save your 92s for summer nationals
Thought about that but the dozen summer national shows I did last year was pretty rough. Need more than the 525ct motor to qualify with. Was planning on just weekly shows this year. Unless someone donates a bigger motor.
Highland has said they will keep the 20s. It's not a track I planned on running but Pevely's off nights I might go there just to use up some tires.

Back