Belle-Clair Summer Nationals Wednesday 6.29.16

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Belle-Clair Summer Nationals Wednesday 6.29.16

Belleville, IL. – On Wednesday June 29[sup]th[/sup], the UMP DIRTcar Summer Nationals will invade Belle-Clair Speedway. In addition to the UMP DIRTcar late models, the UMP modifieds will be also be in attendance. The 13[sup]th[/sup] night out of 29, the UMP DIRTcar Summer Nationals, dubbed “The Hell Tour,” is a grueling test of drivers and teams’ determination and drive as event is comprised of racing 28 times in 32 days, traveling over 5,500 miles from event to event. Competing for nearly $800,000 in total purse money over the course of the Summer Nationals, the stop at the 1/5[sup]th[/sup] mile Belle-Clair Speedway produces some of the best side-by-side, fender-banging racing in the whole tour.

Previous winners of the Summer Nationals appearance at Belle-Clair include Bobby Pierce (2015, 2014), Brandon Sheppard (2013), Jason Feger (2012), Ryan Unzicker (2011), Dennis Erb, Jr. (2010, 2009), and Will Vaught (2008).

Pit Gates Open –1:00pm
Pit Passes - $35.00
General Admission - $25.00, Under 12 FREE with adult
Spectator Gates open – 4:00pm
Hot Laps – 6:00pm
Racing following hot laps

For further information, go to www.belleclairspeedway.com. “Like” Belle-Clair Speedway on Facebook and “Follow” @BelleClairSpdwy on Twitter.

I was considering making the long drive (4 hours one way) to this show, however I am not sure that I want to go if they are adding a 3rd class.

Tri-City showed on Friday what can happen when they do that--long night and a one grooved freight-train race.

I will probably still go. Also, I want to point out that I am not slamming the B-Mods. I just wish they would run the two touring classes and leave it at that. There will be plenty of cars in those two classes.

I was considering making the long drive (4 hours one way) to this show, however I am not sure that I want to go if they are adding a 3rd class.

Tri-City showed on Friday what can happen when they do that--long night and a one grooved freight-train race.
The B-Mods were NOT the reason...

I thought it was the soda and beer choices that caused one groove racing. Or is that only at I-55?
This post was about the upcoming Summer Nationals race at Belle Clair Speedway and now it is going a different direction. Let's keep it about that subject.
The weather is looking a lot better this year than in past years for this race. Let's come out and support this race as it will be just as good as most prior years races.

The B Mods were NOT a problem. Tri City pushed back times to wait and qualify at 7:00 with the heat. The track slicked over with 100 degrees all week and no rain. We were glad driver's were able to load there cars with no damage. Maybe it wasn't the greatest race, but they weren't all tore up. With a large car count not much you can do about times. "T"

I had fun racing and appreciate the fact u guys ran the b mods with summer nationals. Got to race and watch some awesome late model heat races

The B Mods were NOT a problem. Tri City pushed back times to wait and qualify at 7:00 with the heat. The track slicked over with 100 degrees all week and no rain. We were glad driver's were able to load there cars with no damage. Maybe it wasn't the greatest race, but they weren't all tore up. With a large car count not much you can do about times. "T"

b mods were not the problem but anybody could see what was going to happen. the track should have been ripped up and watered after the heats. putting water on top of black only makes it worse

B mods and all their big horse power on small tires. Bunch of jerks.

I am so bummed I'll miss the Belleville SN.

Good luck and I hope I get a video reply

Not to bash tri city but the videos I saw from there had some good racing.

It's really getting old. It's hot...it's dry out and it happens. If it happens at the race in the dome this December then you can complain.

The weather is a lot cooler and will be that way tomorrow. Let's get out to this show and enjoy the races. This race over the years has drawn lots of cars.

sheredxcam------ BUNCH OF JERKS -- I run a b-mod once in a while - if you think I am a JERK come tell me to my face -- one of the 2 canes I use is OAK -- I will be happy to enter it where da sun don't shine --- have a good evening

Back