Betting windows at dirt tracks

Kermit the Frog

why don't they get betting windows at local dirt tracks I'm sure it would help generate extra revenue they are looking for ,something similar to horse racing

I like the idea. But then the Govt. Would b involved. Racing programs would have to b altered. Like announcing Line ups several races in advance, so bets could b placed without missing races!

He could prolly make an app for it an you could bet from your phone all bets close going down the back stretch on the parade lap lol

I won plenty of dollar bills when i was a little kid, i could always sucker some old man near me to bet, lol. I'd be all for it!

Heard a story a few years back . A track had betting, until the drivers got together one night, pooled their money and bet on a guy that had never won nothing, not even a heat race. All wasn't to bad until he spun out coming off 4 on the last lap. Every body was trying not to cross the finish line, just stopping on the track. And their was no more betting at the track. Had to have been Awesome to be there.

This is from Wikipedia:

One of the best-known examples of gambling-related race fixing (in motorsports) is the 1933 Tripoli Grand Prix, in which the winning number of the lottery was determined by the number of the race-winning car. One ticket holder held the number belonging to Achille Varzi, contacted him and agreed to share the winning should he win. Varzi contacted other drivers who agreed to share the money if they deliberately lost. Despite a poor start, Varzi won the race after his opponents deliberately underperformed throughout the race

Mags- Look like Nascar teams counting to come back on small track after a caution or qualifying at big track!!!

Back