Birkhofer

racingfan03

Can't believe he may hang it up! I really hope he accepts the ride offer he has on the table. Wouldn't seem right without the 15b on the track...

He said at the World 100 he was going to only do it for a couple more years and then hang it up. Has that since changed? What offer is on the table for him? I havent heard. But if he does hang it up it sure will be sad not to see him on the track. Dang good driver.

Per DoD, he has his truck and hauler for sale at Knoxville. He's also now got a Vic Hill powerplant in his ride, ending a 15 year run with Pro Power. He said the only way he will consider returning next year is in someone else's equipment. It's really impressive that he's remained an owner/operator this long.

I can't imagine how much it must cost to run a full time traveling Late Model team... Surprised as many guys do it as there is. Not knocking it - just saying the cost must be astronomical...

Per DoD, he has his truck and hauler for sale at Knoxville. He's also now got a Vic Hill powerplant in his ride, ending a 15 year run with Pro Power. He said the only way he will consider returning next year is in someone else's equipment. It's really impressive that he's remained an owner/operator this long.

His truck and hauler have been for sale most, if not, all season.

My opinion on the birky deal.. If you ever hear his interviews, he's tough on himself.. If he's running bad he beats himself up to point he almost doubts.. Even when he's running up front he thinks he should of been better!! Years of this pays a toll on you mentally.. It will make you better but it's wears on you. Plus mental toll of paying the bills.. A break even a offseason not sorting about how your going to put cars together might be what he needs. Then hook up with a team that's prepared.. Lower the stress level!!

I can't imagine how much it must cost to run a full time traveling Late Model team... Surprised as many guys do it as there is. Not knocking it - just saying the cost must be astronomical...

I asked a local LM guy that a number of years ago, what would it take to go run WoO LM for a year? His response was $1 million. Hauler, 2 or 3 new rollers, multiple engines, tires, fuel, travel costs, paying a crew, etc. His estimate was to do it from the ground up, do it right and be competitive, no expense spared, $1 million. Of course, that's the best of the best and a full shop at home, paid traveling crew, new anything any time you need it, so that was big budget LM racing. I'm sure guys do it for a lot less, but that didn't sound completely unreasonable if you were to do it from nothing without worrying about the cost at all.

Last edited:
He was offered the Bryan Rowland owned ride that Jason Hughes is driving now but turned it down. Said his heart isn't in it right now, sounds like he's pretty set on at least taking 1 year off.

Back