Bob Sargent takes over Lincoln Speedway

Bob does a great job. He works hard to have a racey track and run an efficient program that starts on time.

Bob’s reputation of poor payout shows up in his weekly show car counts. His weekly show promoted track(s) draw about enough cars in each class to race 2 heat races and a feature. It’s apparent, that’s how he wants it. So if poor payouts, for weekly shows, to the racers makes for low car counts throughout the classes and you can say he runs an efficient program, then you must be a fan in the stands that could care less about racer payout. This racer avoids Sargent promoted weekly shows whenever possible. Reason: poor payout.

I disagree when he had farmer city h is car counts were great 4 heats in most class but times have changed for most tracks

Hobby Classes.jpg

Does macons car counts always suck? I'm not thinking so but I could be wrong....

Last edited:
You guys whine and cry about payout yet he has been in this business for over 30 years. How many other promoters can say that? I drive 2 hours to race at his tracks and there is a reason I do. It is because he gives the racers the best track possible every night we race. Does he miss it some nights hell yes he does but he will do whatever he can to make it right before the night is over. Been to some tracks that have over 100 cars and it is after midnight or 1am before the show is over. NOT AT ONE OF HIS SHOWS IT ISN'T!! His payouts are not off from every other track we run at. Belleville, Charleston, Brownstown and any other track. Is there better paying tracks around? Sure there may be but is there better run tracks? Not in my opinion there isn't. JMO

You guys whine and cry about payout yet he has been in this business for over 30 years. How many other promoters can say that? I drive 2 hours to race at his tracks and there is a reason I do. It is because he gives the racers the best track possible every night we race. Does he miss it some nights hell yes he does but he will do whatever he can to make it right before the night is over. Been to some tracks that have over 100 cars and it is after midnight or 1am before the show is over. NOT AT ONE OF HIS SHOWS IT ISN'T!! His payouts are not off from every other track we run at. Belleville, Charleston, Brownstown and any other track. Is there better paying tracks around? Sure there may be but is there better run tracks? Not in my opinion there isn't. JMO

Exactly you know with Bob more than not your going to have a good track to race on and Bob has been around long enough to know just because you throw more money at them does not mean your going to get more cars and yes he can have more cars then most track and still get you out earlier.

I disagree when he had farmer city h is car counts were great 4 heats in most class but times have changed for most tracks

Wow you finally said something good for once and you didn't even sound stupid. I have to give you props for this one

northing DOUG was saying no sanctions when NASCAR was here it was Sanction yeah right with track rules thats what and oh yeah bob sargent ran macon under NASCAR sanction for a number of years NOW WHO IS STUPID

Back