Bright Earns Redemption With ARDC Midgets Victory at Big Diamond Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - POTTSVILLE, Pa. (July 27, 2014) - Alex Bright secured redemption on Friday when he captured his seventh victory of the season less than a week after suffering a devastating crash while leading.
Following the wreck the previous Sunday, Bright and his team rebuilt his race car to be able to compete at Big Diamond Speedway with the ARDC Midgets on Friday.
"Everything came off the car except the engine and the tail tank," he said. "It was pretty much a full rebuild. Not all the stuff was broken or bent, but we had to take it off to check everything. To come back and win after all the hard work to get the car running again, it pumped the team back up."
However, the night didn't begin as well as it ended.
"We kind of struggled in the warmups and heat race," he said. "We weren't quite there. We couldn't really figure it out right away."
Bright advanced from fifth to fourth place in his heat race, which earned him a spot in the feature redraw.
"I was lucky enough to draw the No. 1 to start on the pole," he said. "We weren't even sure if we were ready for that. Once the green flag dropped I just took off and never looked back. I think I finished with over a straightaway lead on the second-place car."
Bright capitalized on his starting position and methodically maneuvered through traffic to secure his third ARDC win of the season
"I got into lapped traffic and I was extra cautious from what happened last week," he said. "I was making sure I was on my toes to not get into another accident. Even though I started on the pole it felt good to win after that wreck and having to rebuild the car."
Bright will compete in a pair of ARDC Midgets events this weekend beginning on Friday at Potomac Speedway in Mechanicsville, Md., and wrapping up on Saturday at Winchester Speedway in Winchester, Va.
He recorded a win at Potomac Speedway last season and earned a third-place result in his most recent event at Winchester Speedway.
QUICK RESULTS -
July 25 - Big Diamond Speedway in Pottsville, Pa. - Heat race: 4 (5); Feature: 1 (1).
SEASON STATS -
43 races, 7 wins, 22 top fives, 31 top 10s, 32 top 15s, 38 top 20s
UP NEXT -
Friday at Potomac Speedway in Mechanicsville, Md., and Saturday at Winchester Speedway in Winchester, Va., with the ARDC Midgets
MEDIA LINKS -
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AlexBright77
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AlexBrightRacing
APPAREL -
Bright has new t-shirts available for sale at his race trailer during every race he competes in this season.
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Bell Racing Helmets
Bell Racing USA LLC is the world's leading auto racing and karting helmet company. More champions in all forms of racing have worn Bell Helmets than any other brand. The Bell name is synonymous with innovation, technology, engineering excellence and superior helmet performance. For more information, visit http://www.BellRacing.com.
"Bell Racing Helmets are the most comfortable and the safest," Bright said. "Champions wear Bell."
Bright would also like to thank PXP Racewear, Bob Hilbert Sportswear, Lightcap Electric, RGR Racing, SPAR Racing Engines, Hyper Chassis, Carlton D. Geesman Contracting, Presidential HVAC, Elite Chassis, Benic Shocks, Fontana Automotive, Diamond Disposal LLC, How Charming LLC and DJ Website Design for their continued support.

Back