Callahan wreck!

dirtboy

First off would like to say the Callahan boyz are some very fierce racers that's brought some dam good racing to the hornet class. Last night I wasn't gonna come to races but decided to come down and watch features! We had a front row view of the crash as we was standing by trailer on back straightaway! Jeremy was definitely hauling ass down the back stretch. Imo he got in there to hard and started a chain of events that may have serious consequences to someone that was merely racing hard! Rickey was clearly the guy that got the bad end of the deal and when racing emotions are high things go wrong fast! Callahan driving across track and smoking rickey was uncalled for. But like I said racing emotions are high and he was definitely upset over his brothers incident! I cant blame rickey for doing what he though was right at the time his emotions were high and his actions were blinded by adrenaline! It's a bad deal for all involved but to cast blame on rickey alone is absurd! The Callahan boyz are clearly the aggressors in this matter and I say this cause they are responsible for their crew as well! Hope this all work's out for all involved cause both group of guy's bring great racing to the class! P.S If something aint done with that exit gate something real bad is gonna happen and it aint gonna be good! Once again a very close call with the exit! Next time someone might not be so lucky!

Just my opinion, but the 2j and 35 should be out of UMP at least til the end of the year. When the callahan hit carriker under caution he (2) didnt have his helmet on and who knows if he had anything else. The reaction then by Carriker should get him kicked out. This was a racing deal, although in the moment might not have felt that way, but the reaction first by the 2 went overboard.

It was definetely entertaining live though.

Thanks Rob clearly shows what I stated...Jeremy was definitely driving in harder then he should have from the looks of the video! Even gets in to rickey putting it up high where there isn't enough room for a bicycle to fit lol idk things happen so fast it's hard to realize it till it's to late! But wht do I know im dirtboy!!!

WOW...i didnt get to see the wreck, just the fights in the pits and the horrible way Kevin G was treated..thats twice i witnessed that. looks like contact was made coming out of two, and the 22j wanted the high side and looks like he was clearly in front of ricky. i have a hard time with this because ricky should have let up before he hit the 22j. even though the 22j came up the track a little, he clearly had the position!!! Why tear up cars and possibly hurt someone for not doing what a driver knows should happen. the 22j HAD THE SPOT...geez just dive under him and take it back with a cross over...and BOTH should be banned from tricity...1st the guy that hit ricky under caution for doing just that as Tammy has told everyone that it will not be tolerated!! 2nd, Ricky knows that you cannot get out of your car unless directed by official or safety reason....both ricky and the guy that hit him should be gone!!! This is why hornet drivers have a bad wrap...they have no idea what RESPECT is on the track....not all, but most...JMO

Last edited:
Why would Rickey let out of the gas and let him go when Rickey was holding the line he had all the way down the straightaway? Callahan clearly came all the way up hauling ass from the back of the field! He was clearly the fastest car imo but patience is the thing that cost him! Rickey was clearly the one that had all this bullshit thrown in his lap for merely holding his line and racing hard! As for respect the higher classes like LM and Mods have the most arrogant and dirty driving I've seen! Why??? Because they have big head's with alot of money! If these boyz are thrown out over this incident it's straight bullshit! This is the first for any of these guy's pulling this kind of act and ive seen other driver's do this over and over and nothing happen! Those involved are clean racers that bring great racing to the class that let their emotions and adrenaline get to them on a night that pays them one of the best payouts of the yrs!

I've been racing since 2003, and I am not gonna get into who's fault it was or wasn't but I will say this .. I have looked in a lot of hornet cars over the years and thankfully the car in this wreck was built right. this should be a wakeup call to all the drivers in this class.. that was a dang hard crash, just look at the car after the crash, and the window bars. this may be a beginner class, but these cars haul the mail. not bashing but just saying, if in doubt err on the safe side. hopefully Jeremy is feeling ok... this is a fun class to watch guys, best of luck, and be safe

Josh, he should have lifted and dove under him to get the lead back...the wreck is in no way Ricky's fault..he did nothing wrong...running across the track ans drop kicking another driver, fighting officials..again....is what he did wrong. Like I said...respect is what need to be shown..even if you disagree with a call..there is a way to handle things other than fighting and cussing out a promoter...

Brandon I agree, fighting is not good and shouldn't be tolerated at a certain level...emotions are very high and previous altercations lead to a very bad situation for all involved! But in no way did Rickey bring all this on! Im sorry but Kevin is a hot head and with all the card's on the table from weeks before...Rickey called them and had every right to protect himself! Kevin might be older but I wouldn't count him out just yet! I just hope this kind of action never takes place again and we all learned a valuable lesson from it all!

Back