Changes-benton racepark

superspeed

RACER'S & RACE FANS I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT JERRY MEYER WILL NOT BE LEASING THE TRACK FOR 2011
I want to Thank All of the Racer's & Race Fans for all of the positive feedback and support for Benton Racepark. Looking for a serious promoter that is financially stable and willing to set forth the effort to open the Track. I'm willing to work out a GREAT DEAL to someone with the proper credentials and backing to open Benton Racepark.

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

Serious applicants only please-call 314-575-5165

that stinks cause there were several people planning on racing there too.. hope you can find someone to open it...

That is very sad news. I believe that the conditions are right for Benton to re-open and be successful. Many guys who use to race there and had quit were either ready to get back in or have kids who they were going to be putting in cars. I personally have spent many hours on the phone and meeting with people trying to stir interest and get racers to come down, and I know some other guys who have put more time and effort than me. I, along with several others have already bought cars to race Benton.
Jerry had some very good ideas, was willing to listen to any concerns, and seemed to be willing to put forth the effort to make it a go. Just an all around bad deal.
Derek

I agree Derek....I was set to meet with Jerry this week. He really wanted it to work. I spent some time and had upward's of 20 sprint's ready to come out. I have the MSCS non-wing series wanting to do some show's there. We had a late model series set to come out for show's as well. :( we were able to produce all that across a 7 day period . I have confidence it could work as well. Well, back to the drawing board !

Yeah thats disappointing news to hear without a doubt!!!!! Its such a tainted place to people with all of the promoters before running cars, fans, and the track
into the ground!! If they tore it down rebuilt it across the interstate it would be successful & spark interest we need to race in this area again! I know thats
a dream and by all means not a reality but Benton needs a promoter with the right backing, attitude, & willingness to lose money in order to rebuild a
tremendously broken spirit of a racetrack that could be great!! We need Benton open for all of us racers who just dont want to travel to memphis, farmington, or
lake ozark!! We have 2 cars all the pieces to make a go but just no where we want to go!!! Man just frustrated wish it wasnt even brought up!!!!!!!

Had a great interest in doing mud races there also, would have been great to run there, now I guess we hope someone else will open, had four factory stocks and half dopzen streets, so sad to hear, good luck

I agree Derek....I was set to meet with Jerry this week. He really wanted it to work. I spent some time and had upward's of 20 sprint's ready to come out. I have the MSCS non-wing series wanting to do some show's there. We had a late model series set to come out for show's as well. :( we were able to produce all that across a 7 day period . I have confidence it could work as well. Well, back to the drawing board !

Upwards to 20 sprints, I would love to see the list of names for that without any quarantee of a purse listed. I have went to this Benton track for years and the last times it was open they had about 8 cars and no purse to speak of and I doubt it would have been any better with the economy and all. I still would like coming there but with names of drivers would help us on thinking it would have worked this time.

Im not really sure how sprints would work at Benton. I am a sprint fan, grew up around them, but there just arent enough in the area for a weekly show. I do however believe that once a month specials, possibly coordinating with Malden may work. Recent history at that track has shown that not many fans show up, sprints or no sprints.
The major issue that had to be addressed was gettin good car counts, and looking at other tracks, the more budget type classes seem to be the ones that are growing. Malden has more b-mods than any other class, Farmington will likely be that way this year. The factory stock type classes draw 30 plus cars up north. I think these guys had a good base plan for starting out.
I would recommend that anyone who has interest, show your support and maybe by some miracle, the track will open this year.
Derek

Just as I figured, no list and the people opening the track didn't have the money to open so the drivers and car owners would not have got paid. This track will never ever open without the proper people to do it and no driver is gong to do it, it has to be the right kind of owner with deap pockets!

I do not have the time to sit here and type out a list of folk's who said they would support the track in the way of bringing a car. Also , I will not take the liberty of "throwing their name's around" without those folk's thinking that is ok with them. You have NO idea the time I took to call around and talk with these folk's one on one. I spoke with folk's who are closer to Benton than Lake of Ozark or West Memphis etc. Some have car's "parked" but would get them out if Benton opened. Most did say,there will have to be money there of course. PLEASE do not assume there is no "list" because I don't post it. If they see this and would like to "chime in" that is great. I was in no way directly involved in the opening of the track ,I simply offered my assistance in "stirring interest" because I love racing sprint's and have never had the opportunity to race at Benton and would love that opportunity. If you don't appreciate the fact I tried to help, I don't have to do it again. I have plenty on my plate and will just go to Farmington again and have some fun. If it comes up again,maybe if we had about 10 folk's who put the time in that I did we would have car's. There is no " I " in TEAM........

To back up sprintman's post... I was a local sprint racer at benton. My family just did it for fun. Ran with the all star series some too. a bigger purse is great, but it was just for fun for us. now sprintman did speak with me and many others i do know of because they also called me considering i live not very far from the track, and was wanting the inside scoop if it was opening or not. i have very close sprintcar driving friends from the illinois area who would have brought a ton of cars down with them to run. they enjoyed running at benton.

This really is a disappointment! I was so looking forward to seeing racing at Benton again! I have been going to this track every since they first opened the gates. I have seen some VERY good racing there, including sprints. Sprints do one hell of a job on that track. I DO believe, that with the right owners and operators that this track CAN once again open its gates and have a hell of a good track!! We just need some GOOD help!! PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP US MAKE A GO OF THIS TRACK!!! We need it back again!!

this really is a disappointment! i was so looking forward to seeing racing at benton again! I have been going to this track every since they first opened the gates. I have seen some very good racing there, including sprints. Sprints do one hell of a job on that track. I do believe, that with the right owners and operators that this track can once again open its gates and have a hell of a good track!! We just need some good help!! Please, someone help us make a go of this track!!! We need it back again!!
i agree thanks for your support

News it that Benton may be open for part of 2011 for special events and ready to go full time in 2012? Anyone else hear that?

Back