classes

coloradojoe

coloradojoe
it's official that the track will run 410 sprints, imca modifies, purestreet, and cruisers. The crusier class will be a class for the track with it's own set of rules. Rules will be posted on the new web site when it's up and running. All the talk about running friday night instead of sunday is up to the promoter, and he's decided that friday night is when he wants to run. As far as track conditions, give the promoter a chance to get the surface ready and lets hope everything works out okay. spectator side on the price to get in will also be posted. pit side will be $25.00. there will be fuel, parts, and tires and the track, we are still trying to get everything set up on this issue. Guys, and gals, lets help the new promoter, support the track even if some poeple disagree with some of the issues. You can't make everone happy, but we will do the best as we can. All the negative issues from the previous promoters has nothing to do with the new one. Lets all work together to make this track one of the best tracks to run at in southern Missouri. Thanks and good luck in the new racing season

You can't make everone happy, but we will do the best as we can. All the negative issues from the previous promoters has nothing to do with the new one.
:(

Never could make everyone happy. Can explain, bargain, barter, and even beg... just not gonna do it. But don't stop trying and exchanging as if we were. We will get over it. To have a quality track with consistency in operation is going to be the bigger deal. I look forward to what he offers and I hope others do also.

Unfourtunatley... the history of the track is something he will have to overcome. Just the way it is. We can defend all we want but you will still have those that get hung up the comments of "well it used to be like this" and "he is turning out just like the rest"... all int he first few hours. All the crap that gets said it comes down to reality of the moment here and now but some just cant let it go. Some folks are just negative in nature and some have the patience of a new born child.

It's bad enough that we have a moderator already starting in on downplaying the track on another thread. In his role I would think it be more wise to refrain from the comments that portray him in a politically negative nature.:eek:

Me... I'm just a dork that responds and rambles on a box once in a while. :eek:

What's that right... oh yeah... Free Speach and all.:D

:(

It's bad enough that we have a moderator already starting in on downplaying the track on another thread. In his role I would think it be more wise to refrain from the comments that portray him in a politically negative nature.:eek:

Me... I'm just a dork that responds and rambles on a box once in a while. :eek:

What's that right... oh yeah... Free Speach and all.:D

If you're referring to me, I'm glad you feel my words are so important. But I still stand by what I said, with so many Friday night tracks in the region and ATPR's past history of problems, I would have thought that Sunday was a much more attractive night to race for a variety of reasons. I've got nothing personal at all about ATPR, in fact I've done a lot of promoting of the track in the past. I was the first one to post on here congratulating Billy and Colorado Joe is a good friend of mine. So in the future I would appreciate you knowing the complete facts before including me in an inaccurate statement.

I will tell you this, my job at the Fredericktown Raceway is to promote and build up the current racing program. That's just the way it is.

Yeah... I know that

I know you were one of the first to congradulate andI am positive they appreciate that fact. I never stated anything in any of the posts I had nor this one that referred to an inaccuracy you are referring to.

I don't care if your friends with Joe, Billy, frank, or Dale Jr, or me for that matter. Makes no matter means nothing to me. What you stated was... "it's a shame". In the context which you typed and it appeared... you wrote a negative comment towards a decision being made and backed it up with your thoughts. Well within bounds of free speach. I just stated in return that I didn't think was in the best interest of a moderator.

You... sir.. also need to know and understand the facts before you dive in head first in a shallow pond.

... and to follow up... don't care what your job is.:eek:

I think that what Jeff Mills was trying to say that it was a shame that there is another Fri. night track competing for what few cars & fans there are in this area. The only cars that Fredericktown and Benton will have in common will be the modifieds. And there will be a full field of those at Fredericktown. So the fact that Benton is opening will have little impact on Fredericktown at all. I think he was hoping that they could have worked together. As for me I will probably still be going to Fredericktown. I cant take a chance on Benton given their past history. dont get me wrong I am really pulling for Benton to make it. I was there the first night Benton opened, ran a full season every year and I was there the last night Benton was open with the Simpsons. Had some really great & fun years there. Unfortunately the last string of promotors laid such a stink on the place that Billy and the gang will have a hard time overcoming. Is it a legacy they deserve? NO. But its there nonetheless. I really cant take a chance on buying gears, tires and things that I cant use at another track. I will probably come over a few times thru the year when Fredericktown rains out. Not to proud to run my bmod with the a's. And just so you know I've been getting the word out on Benton and even posted Benton's link on other boards for people who didnt know, lest you think I am a Benton Basher. Maybe billy and the gang can return Benton to its former glory and reclaim their spot as the premiere Sat. night track. Thats my hope anyways. This is just my opinion.

im really glad benton is opening back up it is so close to us we have 3 cars that will be going there. if they was to run on sundays they would not get very many people because alot of people go to church. i no i couldnt race there , danny little couldnt, billy hopkins couldnt thats 3 people right there that are drivers but im glad that billy and his gang are striving to do there best and make every body happy we no its hard to make every one happy but u cant always do that thats all i have to say
just my thoughts thanks
bruce anglin
ps congrats billy and gang

I think that what Jeff Mills was trying to say that it was a shame that there is another Fri. night track competing for what few cars & fans there are in this area. The only cars that Fredericktown and Benton will have in common will be the modifieds. And there will be a full field of those at Fredericktown. So the fact that Benton is opening will have little impact on Fredericktown at all. I think he was hoping that they could have worked together. As for me I will probably still be going to Fredericktown. I cant take a chance on Benton given their past history. dont get me wrong I am really pulling for Benton to make it. I was there the first night Benton opened, ran a full season every year and I was there the last night Benton was open with the Simpsons. Had some really great & fun years there. Unfortunately the last string of promotors laid such a stink on the place that Billy and the gang will have a hard time overcoming. Is it a legacy they deserve? NO. But its there nonetheless. I really cant take a chance on buying gears, tires and things that I cant use at another track. I will probably come over a few times thru the year when Fredericktown rains out. Not to proud to run my bmod with the a's. And just so you know I've been getting the word out on Benton and even posted Benton's link on other boards for people who didnt know, lest you think I am a Benton Basher. Maybe billy and the gang can return Benton to its former glory and reclaim their spot as the premiere Sat. night track. Thats my hope anyways. This is just my opinion.
You are exactly right......

i think sunday would have been great . it will be hard for alots of people to get off work in time to drive there on friday night . Caruthersville run sunday and they pulled cars from ky. ar. tn. il. & mo. sunday would not pull cars from any track and give alot of cars a place to race

okie dokie

Danny... don't think your bashin' Benton. It's a fact of the history with the last few folks. I hope they can overcome it and return it to the best it was and can be. I know the folks trying to get it there will work very hard to do the best they can. They themselves have history that lends to success. I would be willing to help if I didn't already have all the other stuff planned out. I know I will not be there consistently for other commitments.

Millsy... should have stated exactly what he wrote rather than opening with "it's a shame". The boards do not tend to emotion other than the smiley's on the right side when your writin' a post. :mad: I wasn't trying to be a prick but it get's under my skin when folks make extremely open statements that are not clarified and it realy burned me coming from the moderator of the board. I'll let it go from there. I'l get over it as it appears taken out of context. I don't know you (at least I don't think I do) to read anything and try to read emotion into them. It is as it stated verbatim on the posts to those that do not know them that wrote it.

Just hope to see you all at the track... in good light... not with tension that has been created here.

Hey folks who would have thought those of us in SE Missouri would have so many choices to race our stuff! We should be thanking all these promoters. They are all sticking their necks out and taking big risks...... The fans also have choices. Now I have never been married to my racing and I know for me Friday nights were always the best because moma likes to do things on Sat or Sunday. It is all about the fans free time and when they have it. Who gets married on Fridays, who has picnics or goes to the lake on Fridays (not most of us anyway) Benton will be competing for peoples free time. Ever try to go out to eat in Cape on a Saturday night. Now I not speaking of you hard core female race fans you are rare and we love you. But most ladies vision of a hot Sat night date is not the race track. So the guys (and you hard core ladies) go racing on Fri night and leave Sat night for standing in long lines at your favorite eatery. Anyway, I think Fridays are a good call for the Benton management team. I have said for years that The competion in that area for free time on Saturday nights is too competitive. Even with great racing, Sat nights had a hard time attracting the fans. W'ell see what happens I may eat my words but none the less good luck Benton and to you as well Millsey!

dont know if we will be there all on what the cruiser rules are going to be are car is made on bluff rules :mad:

rules

dont know if we will be there all on what the cruiser rules are going to be are car is made on bluff rules :mad:
check with me tonight and I can tell you more about the rules for cruisers, heads, intake, weight. That should bring some interesting reply's

show some respect!!!

man i cant beleive people now a days...everyone in southeast missouri everywhere has been wanting this track to reopen...when we hear it does....guess what???...the griping and complaining starts!!!!....please give the folks some respect and support them instead of tearing down...for christ's sakes we havent even been there yet...i sure hope these guys get more support instead of all the bad....PLEASE GIVE THEM A CHANCE BEFORE ENDING IT BEFORE IT OPENS!!!!......JEFF...#30....and this statement is coming from someone who doesnt even know the ppl....thank u for ur time!!!!!.....cant wait to race!!!!!

revised cruiser rules

3200# after race with driver and gas man. Factory stock cast iron manifold, 2 or 4 barrel,can run factory GM aluminum intake, but must have GM numbers stamped on it. NO double hump or high performance heads allowed, must be straight plug. valves can be no bigger than 1.94 in. and 1.50 ex., single valve spring, with damper,screw in studs, opt.,surfacing of head to true up is okay, no angle cutting of surface. Hydraulic or solid lift cams okay, but just remember the vacumm rule, 18# @ 1000 rpm Any factory 2 or 4 barrel carb, single feed, single pump. Example, rodchester, q-jet, motorcraft. No edelbrock carbs. rest of rules will be posted when web site is set up. JUST REMEMBER THIS CLASS IS GOING TO BE ECONOMICAL AND AFFORDABLE FOR EVERYONE THANKS

I have a set of heads

That have been cleaned, checked, set for screw in studs, 1.94/1.5 valves. these are bare heads ready for your stuff. $225. Numbers are 3932441 which are 76cc off a 350 sbc.

I also have two other sets of heads that came off running engines that are complete but are not cleaned. Numbers are on both sets 3998993 which are also 76cc and for a chevy. 1.72/1.5 valves. The valves are in good shape, stock springs, and 3/8 rocker pressed in studs. $125 a set or $225 for both sets. Great spares or something to work with.

Either call 573-270-1801, email kintuky9@msn.com, or PM me.

Only reason I put it here is because of the rules done posted.

Back