Closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millsey

Lawsuits, frustration and lousy fans = CLOSED RACE TRACK..

What a horrible, horrible shame...

I think your thread should read...

Lawsuits, frustration, and lousy promoting=CLOSED RACE TRACK...

what a horrible, horrible shame.. :eek:

They never came!! Seating capacity of 3,800 in grandstands. Averaged 238 in 2003 and in 2004 that number dropped almost in half I was told. There were a couple of nights where the racers actually sat and counted the number of people (or lack of people) in the grandstands. So you can't blame the racers, in this case you can point the finger at the fan support, or the complete and total lack of fan support. The promoters ran all kinds of specials over the last couple of years, but nothing worked... In fact, the only event they held there in the past two years that was a success: A DEMOLITION DERBY PACED THE PLACE LAST YEAR... It's just plain and simple, the place is cursed...

to tell you the truth, benton was one of the nicest tracks and facitlites in missouri. the problem was....the track was put in the wrong spot. now say if it was in farmington or fredericktown or somewhere. that track would still be up and going with lots of fans, and lots of cars! so why do i think the track was close????? Promoter and the fans! Everytime I went to benton there was hardly anyone there. which a prime example is the Stacker Exreme Dirt series. that is a popular late model racing series and they were at benton and me and bud_man went and watch and there was no one in the grandstands. I would have to say no more than 150-200 people. it was pathetic! so all in all the moral of all this is th track was close cause of the location,the promoter, and the fans!

I don't see that the location had anything to do with it. It's located between two major cities, Cape Girardeau and Sikeston, and is right off of I-55. Think about it JJ, you can't hardly even give directions to get to the Fredericktown Raceway, yet we have three times the fans they had at Benton.

we have hardcore race fans up this way as to down there around benton evidently their not as hardcore. i mean come on every friday adn saturday at f'town and f'ton the stands is packed! that tells you right there that there's true race fans up this way. as for benton no one goes there,

i think they spend all year getting ready for the Sikeston J.C. Rodeo!!! :D heard que pasa was riding a bull there this year!

I agree with everything anyone said...AT&P Racepark met its demise because of terrible fans and no support whatsoever...Benton was one of the nicest facilitys prolly in Missouri, but to tell you thr truth, Ive heard several racers complain on how bad the dirt on the track was..it wasnt normal dirt..it was a gumbo like dirt that you couldnt hardly get off of your car and the dirt would just get terrible ruts...I dont know how many different racers in ALL divisions complain about that! And I do agree with the statement about the Fredericktown/Farmington area being a hotbed for racers AND fans...we cant get enough, so Im wondering why someone doesnt build a new track around the Fredericktown area, because the track now is in a TERRIBLE location!! Ive always thought a track location just right off of 67 would be very appropriate, maybe out by the Country Club or something! If anyone has any interest, please contact me, Ive thought VERY long and VERY hard on what kind of facility and program that the track could run. Just a thought from a VERY HARDCORE racing fan!

it'd be great to have a raceway right off 67. it'd be easy for the racers to get to and like i said in an earlier post. fredricktown/farmington has tons of racers and racing fans. it'd do very well. the one thing if this track was to be built would be run sprint cars! gee...there's nowhere around here that runs sprint cars other than farmington. it'd be one hell of a good idea to see if someone wouldn't take this idea into consideration.

dirtacefan21 and slideways

Has this idea been seriously thought about?? I'm new on this site and I seen this Thread and found it interesting. like you two both said the f'town/f'ton area would be a great spot for a new track. there's alot of people interested in racing around the mineral area.

Let's see here..............................hmmmmmmmmmmm, where did I put it?..............................No, not there.........................................Maybe over here................................................NO......hmmmmmmm.........OH, here it is!
I knew I had it somewhere.
A couple extra million dollars stashed away for my very own racetrack. That will bring great return on my investment.

Ya, if it were that easy it would have been done years ago.

Bud_Man_8 said:
i think they spend all year getting ready for the Sikeston J.C. Rodeo!!! :D heard que pasa was riding a bull there this year!

Hey Bud_Man_8
I seen you dress like a nice little girl. You had your hair all nice and lots,lots,and lots of make up on so you hope someone loves you :D .

I have a soft spot a mile wide for F-town and SFCR is as nice a facility as I've been to, but . . . If someone has the bucks and just insists on building a new track, well . . OK. Just please position it so that the setting sun comes over the shoulders of the fans in the grandstands (as it does in F-town). Not only do I hate looking into the setting sun, but it would be so much better for taking photos of hot laps and early heats.

anyone know of any millionaires around the mineral area. i'll ask them about building a race track. i mean mos tmillionaires have so much money that thye dunno wha tto do with it anyways..so why not make alot and i mean alot of people happy by building a racetrack and providing something to do on the weekend for people. sounds to me like it'd be a great investment.

anyone know of any millionaires around the mineral area. i'll ask them about building a race track. i mean mos tmillionaires have so much money that thye dunno wha tto do with it anyways..so why not make alot and i mean alot of people happy by building a racetrack and providing something to do on the weekend for people. sounds to me like it'd be a great investment.

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

que pasa ur right.this is nicole i dont care but im talking to u any way....most millionaires building a racetrack would be like on of us buying a candybar

Back