Congratulations Billy Clayton!

Millsey

Congratulations to Billy Clayton and his group for being able to reopen Auto Tire & Parts Racetrack!!! What a tremendous facility had been allowed to ROT for no reason at all. Go gett'em Billy!!

Just heard the news this morning on KFVS. WOW! I can't wait to race there again-just hope they do something with the track surface this time!

I sure hope it makes it this time. Seems the place has such a stink on it from whats gone in past years. It may be hard to overcome it. Was planning on running Bmod at Fredricktown but may change my plans and run locally at Benton. Good luck to you guys and make it work for all of us.

Unfortunately in the Cape Market a Saturday Night track will never make it and if they are going to run sprints which I am sure they will I hope its Friday nights. Too many other things on Saturday Night in that market.... if you want the fans Friday night is it I Have done the research.

UMP modifieds

I heard that they were sticking with the UMP modifieds, sprint cars, some sort of street stock, and mini stocks. They announced that the first Friday in April would be the debut date so I would assume it would be a Friday night track competing with Malden and Fredricktown. If they can overcome some of the bad press and do a good job of marketing, there isn't any reason that this place can't return to the days of old. That's a very huge "IF" though. I'm afraid it's going to be an uphill battle, but I do plan on running my UMP modified there. Have a great week all, and ........................

Any More News Yet
The Southeast Missourian in Cape Girardeau contained an article on Friday that said that a tentative agreement had been reached between Billy Clayton and the track owners and that the agreement should be finalized early this week clearing way for a formal announcement.

Classes

Tenative classes will be sprints, street stock, imca mods., can run ump, just tires rule and cruisers. thanks. will know 100% this week Talked to Billy and I'm going to help him with the classes and rules Joe Meyer 573-225-8375 if you have any questions about your class.

Are the street rules going to be the same as malden/poplar bluff for the pure street? Or will it be an like their hobby class with open motors?

thank u very much for opening benton back up...if u all need any help in promoting please let us know....we loved racing at that track and am glad to come back.....even in a little cruiser class...jeff trankler...#30

Back