cruisers

stephens

stephens
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]$[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]$1,000 claim on complete car (less belts and fuel cell) Claim must be made by anyone in top 10 for that race.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you do not sell, the car and driver/passenger is suspended for two weeks. No points or money will be given for that night. Second offense will result in suspension for the season.[/FONT]
$$1,ooo claim on cruisers they need to do away with it just a ideal y anyone in top 10 for that race.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]If you do not sell, the car and driver/passenger is suspended for two weeks. No points or money will be given for that night. Second offense will result in suspension for the season. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]why do they still do this need to do wayaway with it just a ideal [/FONT]​

Amen Times 100....plus The No Beadlock Rule Is Frigging Crazy...beadlocks Just Make Racing Safer And Doesnt Keep The Caution Flags Flying....flat Tire After Flat Tire Gets Boring...plus As Rough As Benton Usually Gets They Will Be A Blessing......just My Opinion Also....jeff....#30

i think the no bead lock rule is so crazy how are you makin your car fast with a bead lock your not bead locks just save your tires when you see how benton track gets you might change your mind but we are running them cuz were not gonna keep buying tires just because of some rule

No bead-locks on the cruisers? How stupid can you get? Why dont you just tell those cruiser guys not to even show up. With that rutted up pot hole plowed field that Benton race track has always been plus an almost 2 ton weight limit..how many tires do you think are going to stay on them. Just give it up now you aint gona make it.

claim and Beads

Knowing what the intent is of the claim rule is to keep the costs down overall, and keep the focus on low budget racing... what would you suggest to put in place of the claim rule? Increase the claim cost, replace with more rules such as the crate divisions, etc. Give then some reasons to kick the rule rather than beat them up about it.

On the beads... agree with the safety and blown tires thing. They should be able to run a bead on the right rear at least. Way to many cautions and anyone can pick up a 8" bead for about 50 bucks in the right place or if they look hard enough. A bead on the cruiser doesn't have to be the straightest but it does offer a great deal to what the guys are stating. I think you might want to rethink that rule just for the fact the costs aren't much and the increase in show might be well worth it.

Track may have be rough then... might be now. Give him a shot that they might actually be able to fix that part. Granted they have to overcome the holes that have been made from the roots in the brush but you can just about plow up anything.

opinion

Knowing what the intent is of the claim rule is to keep the costs down overall, and keep the focus on low budget racing... what would you suggest to put in place of the claim rule? Increase the claim cost, replace with more rules such as the crate divisions, etc. Give then some reasons to kick the rule rather than beat them up about it.

On the beads... agree with the safety and blown tires thing. They should be able to run a bead on the right rear at least. Way to many cautions and anyone can pick up a 8" bead for about 50 bucks in the right place or if they look hard enough. A bead on the cruiser doesn't have to be the straightest but it does offer a great deal to what the guys are stating. I think you might want to rethink that rule just for the fact the costs aren't much and the increase in show might be well worth it.

Track may have be rough then... might be now. Give him a shot that they might actually be able to fix that part. Granted they have to overcome the holes that have been made from the roots in the brush but you can just about plow up anything.
All of you don't know, but they are going to put 100 loads of new dirt down on the track, and as far as beadlocks, I have not been able to talk to Billy other than about some other rules. $1000.00 claim stays, I'll see if we can make right rear beadlock optional. No promises

beadlocks

No bead-locks on the cruisers? How stupid can you get? Why dont you just tell those cruiser guys not to even show up. With that rutted up pot hole plowed field that Benton race track has always been plus an almost 2 ton weight limit..how many tires do you think are going to stay on them. Just give it up now you aint gona make it.
If your not running a cruiser don't worry about it, but don't call people stupid. You never know till you see 18 cruisers running on a friday night. All you know is the past not the future, give the promoter at least a chance to give every racer a place to race. Don't see anybody else that wanted to try.

Ok youre absolutely right I apologize for the "stupid" remark. Its always been one of my policies not to post negative comments. And I apologize for the rant. I got the old car I ran for 10 yrs at Benton that I was thinking of running cruiser occasionally with it. It is just the idea of no beadlocks as a money saving tool that I found offensive. You can pick up an old beadlock for about $25 anywhere. There is a swap meet at Arena park this weekend, I bet you could find some there. But the fact remains that I am still pulling for you to make it and you really need an economical beginner class to do that in my opinion. You've got to get the locals that bring mom dad grandma grandpa brother sister and etc but I suppose you probably know that. I still think the Hornet/wannabees is where its at.

wannabees

I'm for watchin' 20 tin cans wind up soundin like large bees on steriods beat and bang around the track as long as some egos don't get hurt through the nuts trying to have a good time and an occasional roll over.

Never laughed so hard when I saw one a few years back actually roll over side ways, land on all fours, and once he got his bearings and figured out the motor never cut off and he was right side up... he took off going. Happened so fast I don't think the flag man had time to react as he was caught up watching the thing develop. Just one of those things that worked out that way. I couldn't say he finished real well with the bent rim but he did finish. He got a bigger applaud than the sprints that night.

Have not seen any devastating results from one being T-boned since they usually don't have a great deal of speed and the things are so light they kinda bounce enough to reduce the impact themselves. It's always tense on the impacts but haven't seen anyone hurt. It is good fun if you can get the younger drivers (14-18) involved and the parents to support them.

All about the safety gear. Never skimp on the safety gear.

Danny

Ok youre absolutely right I apologize for the "stupid" remark. Its always been one of my policies not to post negative comments. And I apologize for the rant. I got the old car I ran for 10 yrs at Benton that I was thinking of running cruiser occasionally with it. It is just the idea of no beadlocks as a money saving tool that I found offensive. You can pick up an old beadlock for about $25 anywhere. There is a swap meet at Arena park this weekend, I bet you could find some there. But the fact remains that I am still pulling for you to make it and you really need an economical beginner class to do that in my opinion. You've got to get the locals that bring mom dad grandma grandpa brother sister and etc but I suppose you probably know that. I still think the Hornet/wannabees is where its at.
Thanks for the pm, we have not ruled out the hornets yet, and I will know tomorrow on the beadlocks, right rear or right side

the $1000 claim dones do nothing but start fights (if i dont like car ### i can just buy them out and they cant come back this year) see the point i dont have a $1000 TO put up some do but i dont

Right Side!!!!

Please Please Look At Right Side...does Not..i Repeat Does Not Make The Car Faster..just Safer..if It Does Anything It Weights The Car Down......i Myself If I Had To Choose I Think Id Prolly Run On The Front....but Would Rather Run Front And Back Right Side Only....thank U For Ur Time And Consideration.....jeff...#30

Yea I Almost Forgot About Buyout Rule...it Sure Did Start Lots And Lots And Lots Of Fights In The Past...i Was Almost Scared To Show Up Cause Of The Crap...but Maybe W/ The New Promoters They Can Nip That In The Bud Before It Snowballs Out Of Control.......jeff....#30

buy out rule, and bead locks

There will be a buy out rule, will be defined on how it will work. Should be posted under cruisers tomorrow. Also we will have a optional bead lock rule on right side only, but must be heavy duty, no lite weight beadlocks allowed. 8 or 10in. permitted, diamond or bart.

thank u!!!

Thank U Thank U Thank U..........makes 1 Less Thing To Worry About Coming To New Track...wanting To Have Our Ducks In A Row.....jeff....#30....i Do Think All Racers Agree W/ Ur Ruling..

u bet!!!

hey ol buddy how u doing????....yes u sure did win a pile of races...BUT IF MY JUNKY mind SERVES ME RIGHT...I WAS BEHIND U 1 TIME WHEN A TIRE AND WHEEL came launching over ur car after making u fly thru the air like the general lee......but no ramps were on the track...lol...be good my friend and dont be a stranger!!!!

yea I recall jumping a tire one night there. That thing shoot us up in the air like a space ship lol. But back then we just ran what ever tires an wheels we could get handed down from other teams.but the only time I lost a tire and wheel was the night we were passing or old buddy;s for the lead of the feature race and they hit in the back right wheel. I think there car # was 18L if I recall lol. But I think the beadlocks is a safty thing because those CRUISER car's are doing just that now days just cruising as fast as pure street and some are faster. But any way good luck this season and hope you guys win alot I gave up racen after 8 years of it I called it quits I work at MALDEN speedway now as a corner flagman. GOOD LUCK IN 2007 .

LOWELL C.
L74 CRUISIER PURE STREET HOBBY

come see us

hey lowell come up some time and see us...u all always raced w/ respect and ended up being good friends...wish u were still at the wheel or at least crew chiefing but maybe we will run into at some track...yea some of those ol cruisers are cruisin....wish our poor ol girl could run w/ em...she's freezing in the barn...well today it warmed up a little.......be good my friend,.......jeff....#30

Back