Danville VCS. Canceling races last Sunday..

big swigg

I heard they cancelled races last Sunday because they didn't have insurance anyone know anything about this? They said people showed up and then they called races later in day because of no insurance... Seems weird.. How do you know on a Sunday afternoon that you don't have insurance???

I had read the statement from the track a few days ago about the reason.. I don't remember where I saw it at. But it sounded like an honest mistake for a new promoter. I know everyone wants everything to be sinister when it comes to a problem with a race track.

If he would of been corrupt, he would of went ahead and raced without insurance.

The only thing I could think of was maybe they got rained out Friday and was trying to race Sunday and realized maybe there insurance wasn't any good except on Fridays..

THIS IS STRAIGHT FROM THE PROMOTER.

We at VCS want to apologize to all the drivers and fans who came out to support us this Sunday. We worked very hard to get the track ready but due to the situation that occurred with my new phone and my ability to receive my messages I was unaware that my info sent to my track insurance has not been received. I did not get this message until 330 pm when my number was finely ported to my new phone. I tried to reach my agent but was unable to. I then left the track and went to try and get the problem solved. I was unable to reach anyone who could resolve the problem. I am very sorry to all those who travel to VCS to race with us and support our track but I will not race without the proper coverage to insure my drivers and patrons safety. Again I apologize and hope that you will continue to support VCS thank you.

He is trying to run the track so lets not crucify him for a mistake.

Who's crucifying him? A simple question was asked.. Nobody including me has said a bad word about it... Seen someone on social media talking about it and that's why I brought up the question... Just seemed kind of odd to cancel that late and it not be weather related, but now since the truth has came out it makes sense..

Back