Darren Miller Racing Ceases Racing Operations

32D-PR

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

March 12, 2009

(CHADWICK, IL) - Darren Miller announced today that he will be suspending all racing operations and discontinuing Darren Miller Racing, effective immediately, and has decided to look for other opportunities for 2009. The team has placed it’s transporter, racecars, and other equipment for sale. A complete listing will be posted on Darren’s website, www.darrenmillerracing.com , soon. In the meantime, interested parties are encouraged to contact Darren directly at (815)-499-8575.

Speaking from his shop in Chadwick, Darren said: “I really want to thank all my fans and everyone who has supported us over the years. Obviously, this hasn’t been an easy decision to make. I really love racing, and many of the drivers, crew members, and fans have became a big part of our family. I’ve dedicated the last 12 years to my racing career. But, without the financial backing that it takes to run a race team I’ve decided to sell out. I’m open to opportunities that may arise, but right now, don’t really know anything more than we won’t be attending the next races that were listed on my schedule, and I wanted to let my fans know of the change.”

Darren “The Thriller” Miller, was the 2008 winner of the prestigious “North/South –100, a 2008 Lucas Oil Dirt Late Models feature winner, a 2008 three time Summernationals winner, and multiple WDRL event winner. His latest victory came February 9, 2009 at Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville FL where he won a 2009 Speedweek UMP feature event.

Darren would also like to thank all of his sponsors and his race team for their support. He would especially like to thank his dad who spent many hours in the shop and on the road with him. Darren’s sponsors include: Graphic Art Express, McLauglin Trucking, Hawkeye Trucking, Napa, VP Racing, Cobra Graphics, Pro Power Engine, Hooker Harness, Hoosier, Out Pace, Duralite racing wheels, Performance Bodies, Victory Circle, Dubil’s, Wulff Pumps, Ohlins, Wilwood, Frankland Rearends, K-B Carburetors, Integra racing springs and Port City.

Media Contact: Darren Miller Racing
32d-pr@darrenmillerracing.com

Why not just run locally where he is from....I mean to quit all together??? It would seem it wouldn't take near the funds to run locally as it would nationally and he is a heck of a driver and probably doesn't need the equipment some do imo

I bet we will see a lot more of this coming sometime after midseason unless things get better. The sad thing is after loosing your sponsors it is real hard to get them back. After working with your sponsors for years it's real hard to tell them your calling it quits even if it's only for 1 year. It makes it hard for them to trust you later. The only thing worst than that is them telling you they are calling it quits.
Good luck to all and have a safe race season.Keep the faith hopefully things will get better.

Sorry to hear this news. Darren is a great driver and a great person. We hope that Darren finds a ride for 2009 so that we can continue to support his racing efforts as we have in years past.

HH-

I hate to say it but boo-hoo. If he really loves racing he would find away to do more with less like most of us. I'm sure he will find a ride and hopefully he hasn't burnt his bridges with all his sponsors and maybe he can bring them over to a deserving team that has done more with less for years. Maybe some of his sponsors will look at this as an oppurtunity to help some of the smaller teams that get out there and get it done on their own money.

Is he not interested in maybe scaling back on the schedule? Maybe he could do like Erb jr. and run more smaller shows that don't require the amount of travel that WoO or the Lucas series would. Nevertheless, at least he got to do what he did, some don't ever get the oppurtunity.

WOW didnt expect this could be a tough year for the travelers. I really think you are going to see alot more of this from top guys. I wouldnt beat Darren up for selling out, i dont think he is wealthy enough to support the team on his own. It is no different then Drake or Moran ( and Moran has the money) so it is in Darrens best interest to sell before more equipment is torn up ( worth less plus repair costs) Good luck in finding a ride Darren hope to see you racing soon.

Back