Dills Leads First 19 Laps Before Recording First Career Podium Result

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. (July 23, 2014) - Patrick Dills nearly captured his first career victory last Saturday.
Dills led the first 19 laps at Cottage Grove Speedway before finishing second in the Northwest Extreme Sprints main event, which marked his first career podium result.
"I carried a lot of confidence over from the ASCS race (a couple of weeks ago)," he said. "I think my confidence helped me out quite a bit. Second place is fine and I lost to a veteran."
Dills kicked off the night by qualifying fourth quickest, which lined him up on the pole of the dash. He stayed within striking distance before finishing second in the dash to Danny Horner.
Dills then maneuvered from sixth to fourth place in his heat race and when the feature inversion was revealed, Dills was on the pole for the 25-lap main event.
"Before the main event we changed a little bit on the setup," he said. "It was the easiest the car has handled. Everything has started to slow down. I'm in control of the car now."
Dills took the lead on the start and set sail.
"Right around Lap 15 I was going down the backstretch and I could see Danny going down the frontstretch," he said. "I wasn't expecting to have that big of a lead. I was hitting my marks."
Then lapped traffic came into play in the closing laps.
"I got by the first one and a yellow came out," he said. "They put that lapped car between me and second place to the back for some reason."
Horner took advantage of the restart as he powered into the lead. Dills remained close for the final laps before ending as the runner up.
Dills will return to competition this Saturday at Cottage Grove Speedway.
QUICK RESULTS -
July 19 - Cottage Grove Speedway in Cottage Grove, Ore. - Qualifying: 4; Dash: 2 (1); Heat race: 4 (6); Feature: 2 (1).
SEASON STATS -
10 races, 0 wins, 1 top five, 6 top 10s, 6 top 15s, 8 top 20s
UP NEXT -
Saturday at Cottage Grove Speedway in Cottage Grove, Ore.
MEDIA LINKS -
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patrick-Dills-Racing/236840896439816?ref=br_tf
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PatrickDills90
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Keith Whitaker Trucking
Keith Whitaker Trucking is a logging company based in Oregon.
"Keith Whitaker Trucking recently came on board and I'm really excited to have him as part of our team," Dills said.
Dills would also like to thank Jerry Dills Trucking, BC Motorsports, All Seasons Equipment, Weeman's Small Engine Repair, Steel House, Bonnichsen Repair, Rocket Designs and Inside Line Promotions for their continued support.

Back