Do you like the invert in the features @ Highland Speedway

Do you like the Invert @ Highland Speedway?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love the concept of inverts it makes for more exciting racing for the fans. I think the way they do it thus making the dash nearly meaningless is silly though. No need fror a dash if you are drawing cards and such.

I am in favor of the invert. I race also so its not just from a fans point of view. I would be subjected to it also possibly. I have watched this progressive racing for years like everyone and it simply sucks. Even with the invert the bad boys will still get the front row sometimes. But sometimes we will get to see some lead changes to. Not hating on anyone just think it can makes things more interesting where now on most nights its not. Anything to spice up the show these days where tracks need all the spectators they can get, should be done. jmo

When you are gonna let certain drivers start in the front row regardles what the invert is or where they qualified the invert dosnt mean anything but then again dosnt matter if they are last in their heat they will always start up front

Highland has done a great job with this all year but it is working because the track prep has been excellent. I am old enough to remember watching my heroes start 12th nightly in the feature races so the invert isn't anything new but nobody wants to start 8th at Highland on a one lane track. Keep up the great work Highland, and fans continue to be vocal about the great racing you are seeing there weekly.

The racing this year has been the best it's been in many many years. It probably goes hand in hand with the track being the best it's been for many many years. I'm sure the drivers don't care for the invert but as a fan I really like it.

Maybe as an extra incentive the top 3 finishers in the dashes could draw for their starting positions and let a fan draw decide the rest. I agree the track prep has been great.

For Easter they should done an egg toss.

Or have kids from kids club have a bicycle race with drivers numbers to decide who starts where

As an alternative, maybe they should just do qualifying times and the fastest guy wins and after that everyone can just sit in the stands, drink beer and fight with each other over who would've won from the front row or where everyone would finish if they had done Easter egg tosses, bicycle races, and 3 legged wheelbarrow races to determine starting positions and then run 25 laps.

For all 50 of you who would pay to see that. The "pure racing" fans.

Bottom line, if you want your track to stay open, best start being a little more open minded to some changes to how things are run. Because freight train races don't inspire people to come back.

I agree with T.NIE! You can try every gimmick you want. But at the end of the day people are there for the product which happens to be the racing. If it's not entertaining they will move on. Inverts shouldn't be looked at as a punishment. it can put the guy who dominates on the front row just the same as it can put him 8th. There's a reason people look at back in the day fondly. The racing was more exciting. Nobody is gonna be bench racing with their buddie 20 years from now and say " hey remember back in the day when u could win every race in a night and never pass a car"? just sayin!

But but but people don't like 3 wide racing and passing. If that happens then what are we going to talk about all week on Facebook!

One of the biggest fan killers in this sport is starting the fast guys in the front. I'm a die hard and I get bored watching features at least half the time. Too bad the powers to be don't get it.

Back