Does anybody know....???

Lockon

Does anybody know of any tracks in Mid Missouri that races caged karts, winged karts, karts, Quarter Midgets, etc for a kid in the 9-10 year old range?

Thanks,
Tom

I know it's not mid -no. but tri-city has quarter midgets. You can also go to qma.org and usac web sites to find tracks in your area for quarter midgets.

Emma Indoor Raceway and Sweet Springs Motorsports Complex would be about the only 2 options close to mid-mo. We've been out of karts for a bit now so I'm not sure what classes they run anymore but I'm sure you can get info from their website, Facebook page, or call and they could answer your questions and help you. I know Emma runs flat karts and sweet springs runs micros but I'm sure they both run some Sort of cage karts as well.

Thanks. I knew about Emma and the winter racing in Joplin / Carthage, but was hoping for something around the Rolla, Jeff City, Lebanon, etc area

Lebanon-Midway Speedway has been trying to run karts thru the summer on Sunday's but I don't think they've been getting much of a turnout. Worth looking into though.

Tri City Speedway has their own Quarter Midget track last runs seasonally with QMA on a full schedule April - Oct.
They are also adding Go-Karts starting next year

Better be on your A+++ game when going to Duquoin for indoor racing. Some of the best in the country could go there and not make the show. I believe they went to an open tire rule last year so I'd have some Vega's punching in the mid to high 20's(then you can soften them further at the track if you need to). Then you'll need a couple sets of Maxxis Pinks all done up a couple different ways to cover whatever you're going to see, and then I've seen a Burris 33 stomp around that joint from time to time even in an open tire situation(Hoosier also has an option or two that might be viable as well). My recommendation is find a tire guy and hire him to take you there if you decide you want to go to Duquoin because it's the best of the best when it comes to indoor racing.

Thanks for all the input. However, I don't think I am going to hire a full NASCAR crew or "tire guy" for my 9yo to turn a few laps in a QM or Kart :)

No no no sales pitch there. There's a lot better kart tire guys than me out there. I'll be in the ballpark but I just don't mess with that harsh stuff anymore like I used to.

Check with both the I-70 QMA in Greenville, IL and the Metro St. Louis Quarter Midget Racing Association (they race at Tri-City Speedway) as to when they will hold their next Arrive & Drive or 10 Laps for $10. This is a great opportunity to give a kid/family the chance to determine if QMA racing is the right fit for them. Either organization will supply everything you need for a test drive except the kid and the $10. You will find that both groups have Facebook pages and websites and each hold one to two "test drives" a year.

Back