Dover Delivers Fourth Consecutive Victory During Visit to I-80 Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - JACKSON, Minn. (July 22, 2014) - Jack Dover rocketed to his fourth consecutive victory last Thursday, which established a new career-best winning streak.
After advancing from sixth to fourth place during his Nebraska 360 Sprints heat race at I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Neb., Dover started the main event on the outside of the second row. He didn't stay there long.
"Before the feature we didn't really change much," he said. "Just some shocks and put some fuel in it. We put another wing on it to try something different."
He took the top spot early and methodically worked through traffic en route to his 10[sup]th[/sup] triumph of the season.
"We were really good in lapped traffic," he said. "When we got into traffic we pulled away. I'm impressed with (the winning streak) and happy with it. I know I have the equipment to do it. But it's like gambling. You never know who is going to win."
Dover headed to Jackson Speedway on Saturday for a JSTS event in search of his fifth consecutive win.
He advanced from third to second place during his heat race, but found out while he was on the scales that one of his tires wasn't in the rules.
"They didn't say anything about the tires in the drivers meeting," he said. "On our way there we tried looking up the rules and didn't find anything on our cell phones. The guy (at the scales) told me to get the tire off and don't run it again. Then 30 minutes before we were supposed to go out (for the feature) they said we were disqualified. It sucks that they didn't say anything in the pit meeting."
Dover, who was listed on the initial feature lineup to start seventh, was disqualified from his heat race and he was forced to line up last in the B Main. Dover then rallied from sixth to the lead in two laps before winning the consolation race and transferring to the back of the main event, which he started 17[sup]th[/sup].
"We were picking them off one by one in the feature," he said. "When I got to eighth the top seven guys had pulled away from us. We reeled them back in and as soon as I got behind them that's when the engine vibrated and I shut it down."
Dover pulled off the track with approximately seven laps remaining and he was credited with an 18[sup]th[/sup]-place finish.
The team will compete this Thursday at Crawford County Speedway in Denison, Iowa, with the Nebraska 360 Sprints before the 58[sup]th[/sup] annual NCRA Hutchinson Grand Nationals at Hutchinson Raceway Park in Hutchinson, Kan., on Friday and Saturday.
QUICK RESULTS -
July 17 - I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, Neb. - Heat race: 4 (6); Feature: 1 (4).
July 19 - Jackson Speedway in Jackson, Minn. - Heat race: DQ (3); B Main: 1 (6); Feature: 18 (17).
SEASON STATS -
21 races, 10 wins, 16 top fives, 19 top 10s, 19 top 15s, 21 top 20s
UP NEXT -
Thursday at Crawford County Speedway in Denison, Iowa, with the Nebraska 360s; Friday and Saturday at Hutchinson Raceway Park in Hutchinson, Kan., for the 58[sup]th[/sup] annual Hutchinson Grand Nationals with the NCRA
MEDIA LINKS -
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JackDoverRacing
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jackdoverracing?fref=ts
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Home Pride Companies, Inc.
Home Pride Companies, Inc., is a leader in vinyl siding, window replacement, roofing and guttering. Based in Omaha, Neb., Home Pride Companies, Inc., also specializes in storm damage repair and has served Nebraska and Iowa for more than 25 years. For more information, visit http://www.HomePrideCompanies.com.
"Luke Cochran has become a family friend the last few years and he's been instrumental in keeping our program going," Dover said. "He also has a great company, which we've seen firsthand when Home Pride Companies, Inc., roofed my parent's house."
Dover would also like to thank Certified Transmission, Eagle Motorsports, Moss Racing Engines, Thorpe's Body Shop, Trail Performance Coatings, Inc., The Oil Medics, ButlerBuilt Professional Seat Systems, Keizer Wheels, Schoenfeld Headers, Shaver Racing Engines, Langfeldt Overhead Doors, K&N Filters, FK Rod Ends, DMI, Speedway Motors, Vortex Wings and True Trucking for their continued support.
PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES -
Jack Dover Racing is close to being able to compete across the country by returning to the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour, where Dover has finished in the top 10 both seasons he has raced full time with the premier 360 sprint car series. He is also ready to compete with the World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series en route to his dream of racing in NASCAR. The only variable missing is a reliable truck and trailer. For more information on partnership opportunities, e-mail teamdover@gmail.com.

Back