Drivers only forum at SFCRaceway.com

Zacrates39

I've added a new drivers only forum to the SFCRaceway.com Forum. In order to post in or even view the forum you MUST be a driver at SFCR. If you would like the privilege of using this forum, please E-Mail me or send me a Private Message at the SFCRaceway.com Forum and let me know who you are. I put this up in hopes that drivers would be able to have a little privacy to talk about what they would like without outside opinion. See you there.

So much for the people that pay the bills

WTG Zac! Now you have made a public statement that race fans need not hear what driver's have to say.Now they will have a tendency to mingle on the driver forum page and shun the regular forum.Ive seen it all happen before at another track web site that added a driver only forum.Fans are on here to find out the latest news or gossip,and add their 2 cents as well.But alienate the people that help pay the bills and watch them slowly find other places to go.I wouldnt have said anything but i was just talkin to some friends that drive almost 2 hrs unlike my 1 and half hrs. to go to Farmington for the races.My friend told me that it seems as if the drivers dont want to hear fan feedback on matters.After thinking about it,Itend to agree with him.We have the option of going to Memphis or Farmington ( same distance ) Both tracks are equal in the # of cars and there is more to do in Memphis area than in Farmington area.But with giving the fan a place to hear driver chatter is a added bonus to draw people to Farmington.By doing your drivers only forum has lost 4 ticket sales to Farmington.They said the feel like they arent wanted at Farmington because it was made public that drivers now have there own hang out and gossip forum to exclude the fan.And most likely have the drivers post mostly in drivers forum than having feedback in regular forum.

Cont'

Just letting you know what the grandstand thought of the post .I personally would have spread the word in the pits to the drivers instead of posting it here for all to see.It doesnt look good for a fan to see they arent wanted in writing.Like i said before i never would have thought much of it,until my buddy raised cane about the public post so I thought i would let you in on his and maybe others reaction.

Please Keep In Mind

This is NO disrespect to Zac BUT this " Drivers Only " is on "HIS" website. It has NOTHING to do with the Forum you are now posting in. This forum was started by Jeff Mills along with the original Racway Website. Thanks, LeaDonna :)

That’s ridiculous, dirty racer. If you know any of the drivers at the track you wouldn’t even think to make a statement like that, it has nothing to do with the drivers not hearing what the fans have to say. A LOT of drivers come on here and READ but don’t post...they will do the same whether they have a forum or not. If the driver’s only forum disrupts or slows down anything at all within the regular SFCRaceway.com Forum OR STLRacing.com then I will remove it...as it will be being used for the wrong reasons. I’m not sure what you think it will change? Show me 3 posts in the last 2 weeks on this forum that would be affected by the addition of the forum? I have my doubts you could even come up with one. You misunderstood the point of it...it’s not a place for them to go exclusively so they don’t have to hear outside opinion...its for posts that perhaps they don’t want overrun with some of the BS that common posts are overrun with. Adding that forum has changed and will change nothing. REAL race fans AND drivers know that without one you cant have the other...if the addition of something so minor would make someone decide not to come support the drivers that they supposedly want to be able to hear the chatter of...I question their loyalty. Obviously you cant please everyone...and by ME...ZAC...NOT the drivers...NOT SFCR...but ME adding a forum for drivers...its said NOTHING about what anyone WANTS or DOESNT want the fans to read…it’s solely my opinion that it something cool that others may want. The fans own all of this...and the WHOLE forum at SFCRaceway.com...don’t you think it’s fair to give them one little box within YOUR forum to post to one another if they would like? I honestly put it on for the handful of drivers who read but don’t post because of the repercussions it would have when some of the passionate and very opinionated fans get a hold of them. AGAIN…that’s MY opinion of how they might feel…I could be wrong…some will agree and others won’t. The drivers that want it now know its there...the ones that don’t, wont use it...and though I disagree with you strongly...you have my word that I will watch closely to how it affects things and react accordingly. Keep in mind that fans and drivers going to the track is the top priority...and that’s how I feel as a fan. The site is something positive for fans and drivers...the plan is to move forward and improve. The least you could do is see how things go before you try to blow something up. In MY opinion we all have everything to gain with this new site...its still a learning process, but I for one am VERY excited about it.

agreed 100% leadonna...the SFCR's old site is one thing, but i dont see SFCRaceway.com as any kind of threat to this forum and i doubt mills does either.

dirty i shouldnt have to hide things from the fans...i am one and we have everything to ourselves...both websites and forums. we all meet here because of the drivers and theres nothing wrong with allowing them a little respect of their space every now and then. the truth is...the things they may post on "their" forum...you would never hear anyway because drivers probably keep it to themselves due to posts like this...jumping all over someones arse and threatening to not participate because you have a difference of opinion. thats just silly. im 100% positive that the drivers only forum will have no impact on this forum or the one at SFCRaceway.com...unless, of course, it gets a couple more people involved.

O.K. Zac

Convince me !!!!!! Explain to me all about this forum that you are starting. What type of information do you actualy believe the drivers to swap with each other ? What is the purpose of this " private " forum ? I am not being a smart *****, just convince me what its purpose is. Im willing to learn. LeaDonna

Well Zac,you obviously didnt read and comprehend what I wrote. I was simply making a point that you put in this forum for all to read that you started a "driver's only " forum for the purpose of excluding any fan from reading. I was merely stating that the reason my friends come up to Farmington instead of going to Memphis,is that they have a bonus of hearing the driver's chatter or concerns at the track.This gives a added reason to go to Farmington to see what the driver's are actually talking about and see 1st hand.Point blank is:the driver"s forum should have been passed along more descreetly to the driver's and not put in bold print for all to see that fans are not welcome to see what is going on in a drivers forum alienating them from the 1 thing that drew them to this site or to the sfcr site and to the race track. You took away from fans what keeps them interested in the races ( the drivers ).And also saying that the driver's may not want fans to comment on what they have to say.

how many drivers post on this forum? very few...and those that do USUALLY dont say much for the reason i explained earlier. some things need to be worked out without the opinions from 700 different people. sure fans enjoy hearing what the drivers say, but you dont see them putting microphones on everyone in the pits so you can hear everything that goes on and is said there, do you? privacy is everywhere...in fact if you have a problem with a private forum...then you should have a problem with this forum for having private messages. its just BS, because nothing will change...you will hear no more or no less then what you did before. and as far as being discreet...there IS no discreet in this sport...thats my whole point in the "private" forum. if i tried to hide it...someone would find out and then it would be like this big conspiracy theory to you and you would have even more of a reason to complain. bottom line is...nothing changes as far as what we have now...but now the actual drivers get something of their own...which they deserve. what makes you feel that you have the right to hear everything they say? because you pay to get in? well they pay a HELL of a lot more and spend a lot more time on it than you do to be there every week...and theres no reason why they should have to be second guessed by every grandstand driver there is every time they post. there is NOTHING wrong with a drivers forum...chances are it will see very little action as it is...so whats your worry? if things start to change and you see some difference in this forum because of the drivers only forum, then perhaps you would have a valid complaint. everything youve said is all your opinion and all speculation...nothing at all has happened. so the forum stays...if you dont like it..complain to the drivers who post there for wanting privacy like every other person in the world.

leadonna...its not a whole forum...just one spot on the same SFCRaceway.com forum that you can register for. i have my doubts that it will ever get much work, but i guess its to be used for things like: IF theres maybe a question a driver has for other dirvers, but doesnt really want everyone else to answer...or something like that. i really dont know WHAT they will talk about, but i feel that theres nothing wrong with at least making it available. i happen to know a few drivers who read this forum frequently but will never post because of what would happen when they did...THOSE are the people its mostly geared for. im not even sure they'll use it. the point it...its there if they want it...and if they want it...they work hard enough to deserve it. as i have said...if it causes any problems to either forum then it will be gone, but im 100% sure that wont happen.

Just curious how it will work. I mean, how will you keep everyone (but drivers) out of the forum? Will there be some secret password? Get what I'm saying? Because now to get into a forum, all someone has to do is click on it and it pops up. How will this forum be different? Just curiousity on my part!!!

its already there...you have to be invited to the drivers group and once you are in the group the forum is visible to you. to this point...there is not 1 post in the drivers forum. theres no password or anything...its just a feature in the particular forum that i use. im still learning it, but its a very cool program...if anyone has their own site and wants more info just email me from the SFCRaceway.com.

i assure anyone who has doubts that adding a drivers only forum was not a knock against the fans(as i am one the same as you), but i just think its something they deserve to at least try if they would like. no one here can really say how it will work or not. i have both forums, the drivers, fans and track offcials in mind when i build or do anything to the forum or website...i would like to have every feature any of us ever want...and eventually i will, but everyone needs to understand how its impossible to please everyone involved in something like this. sharing your opinion is fine, thats how things improve, BUT threatening to take your business or abondon the fans and drivers that you supposedly support when nothing at all negative has happened is just silly.

I personnally don't see anything wrong with the private forum. I myself will always post on the regular forum due to the fact that there are more FANS that post than drivers. Lisa or myself don't need a private place to post, for we enjoy chatting with fans, sponsors, officials, track owners, and ect. that are willing to say whats on there minds right here. I will defend myself or anyone else that gets talked bad about on here if the bad mouther (new word) has his or her name posted so everyone knows who they are. Zac ( 1 of the original 6 pack crew) keep up the good work, the racing world will never have enough places to tell about local racing !!!!!! The"Hustler"

thanks Kenny. you know me well enough to know that i have everyone in mind and what im doing is for the better. i appreciate the support.

All i was saying Zac is like the drivers their are some people read what is said in here and dont respond.They feel they get the inside scoop.It's a little bonus they feel they are getting.To BOLDLY say in a driver/fan forum that now a driver can go to a private forum and dont have to worry bout a fan seeing it or responding to it s degrading to the fan.As in the fan is not worthy to read what a driver has to say. BOTTOM LINE: IF YOU WANT A PRIVATE FORUM FOR DRIVER'S,TAKE THE TIME TO HIT THE PITS AND TELL THEM,BUT DONT POST IT ITO WHERE A FAN CAN SEE IT!!!!!!!!!and another thing,your wording can be read in a negative way( the driver spends a hell of alot more money....)So now when i read this I see it as you saying sfcr ont care nor the driver cares if i drive 2 hrs. to see the race or not.The grandstand money is petty compared to the driver money.I'm through with this thread,was only pointing out the obvious. IF YOU WANT A PRIVATE FORUM FOR DRIVERS,THEN TELL THEM PERSONALLY AND DONT DEGRADE THE FAN BY SAYING WHAT YOU SAID IN THE 1ST POST YOU STARTED!!!!!

the comment about how much money they spent directly related to the fact that you think they owe you something and you have a right to keep them from their privacy because you spend money. heres how it breaks down:

you + spend a little money = think that the drivers owe you and arent deserving of privacy

drivers + spend lots of money = dont feel like you owe them anything and dont mind if you have privacy, because they appreciate the fans and know they are deserving.

as i stated before...every real driver and fan knows that you cant have one without the other and if i didnt think the fans were important i wouldnt have spent the last month working on the website...FOR FREE, BUDDY!!! so get off of it...the drivers only forum will change nothing...and if you would step back and look at your posts you would not only give yourself the answer to why i made the forum, but you will also answer why i didnt try to hide it. to hide something would mean im ashamed and i think its wrong...but its the opposite...im proud of the track, drivers, fans, website and the forum...and i think its a very positive thing for fans and drivers alike. so why would i run around hiding and sneaking about it? just silly man. one more think...show me a couple of posts since last weeks races that this would change? as a matter of fact...lets see something by a driver at all. there are very few, and most are about something with no depth because most people are here for fun. i think you just like to stir things up and what you are saying holds no water. lets just end this...sorry if you find it offensive...thats not the intention...hang around and see that it will change nothing and if it does...then we can talk....til then this point is moot.

Back