Eric Cooley Claims Biggest Win of His Career at GVS; Magnolia Next

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Fulton, MS (04/09/12) – Eric Cooley piloted his #33b Bryson Motorsports/Barry Wright Crate Late Model to the biggest win of his career on Saturday night by topping the Junk Monkey Crate Nationals to claim the $10,000 payday!

After seeing the team's scheduled, $5,000-to-win, NeSmith Late Model Series event at Greenville Speedway (Greenville, Mississippi) postponed by rain, the team decided to heat east to Green Valley Speedway (Glencoe, Alabama) for the $10,000-to-win, Junk Monkey Crate Late Model Nationals. With 43 entries on hand, Eric qualified second fastest in his group before winning the first heat race to lock into the pole position for Saturday night's finale. He was joined on the front row by Kenny Compton Jr.

As the main event green on Saturday evening Compton Jr. assumed control of the lead, and Eric would pursue him for 28 laps before using lapped traffic to his advantage on lap 29 to take over the top spot. Once out front Cooley would find the going to be far from easy as Chris Wilson made a late race charge to try and take the top spot. Eric would fend off the advances from Wilson as he went on to pick up the biggest win of his career. He was followed across the finish line by Wilson, Compton Jr., Jake Teague, and Chase Edge.

An elated Cooley commented, "I'm just in shock. I can't believe I just won $10,000. This is the biggest accomplishment in my career so far, and it really means a lot to be able to get this win for Norman Bryson. I can't thank him enough for providing me with this awesome race car!"

Full results from the event are available at www.GreenValleySpeedway.com.

Eric will be looking to increase his bankroll even more this coming weekend, April 13th-14th, as he enters the inaugural Spring Throw Down at Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi). The event is headlined by two big shows for the Super Late Model division with a $2,000 winner's check up for grabs on Friday night and an $8,000 winner's check on the line on Saturday night at the 3/8 mile oval. For more information on the event, please visit www.MagnoliaDirt.com .
Eric and everyone at Cooley Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors, which include 78 Towing & Recovery Inc., Cooley Transport Inc, Bryson Motorsports, Eric Cooley Trucking, DJ Transportation, O.H. Hendricks, Rhino Wraps, Victory Circle By Moyer, Jeff Burns Racing Engines, Hooker Harness, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Cooley Motorsports is currently looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information on joining the team, please visit www.EricCooleyRacing.com .

For more information on Cooley Motorsports, visit the official team website at www.EricCooleyRacing.com .

Thanks!
Ben Shelton, Owner
MSR Mafia - www.MSRMafia.com
The Midsouth Racing Scene - www.MidSouthRacing.com

Back