• St. Louis Motor Racing News! Providing the most complete motorsports coverage in the Midwest!

Explainaion

Discussion in 'St. Louis Area Auto Racing Discussion' started by ricky brown, Jan 13, 2018.

1. ricky brown

ricky brown Active Member

I would like to have an Explanation of why I-55 RACEWAY is having 4 sprint shows this yr and as far as I know one big Late model big show ump summer natlonals / world of outlaw late models no modified show maybe like $2000 to win.I don't think it's fair at all to the drivers and fans i-55 Raceway has been predominantly a Late model and Modified track. I used to go there about 23 years moved to poplar bluff mo so now we go twice a year one regular show and the UMP Summer natlonals.imo its a bad idea but we do wish i-55 the best in my opinion it's probably the best Track in the country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. shredxcam

shredxcam Active Member

Either way I'm glad.

Every other track runs lots of LM so maybe they see a market for sprints?

No such thing as too many sprint shows anyway.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. marks44

marks44 Member

Well Ricky when you buy the place or any other TRACK you can decide what shows are run and not run and when

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  4. Swappin Paint

Swappin Paint Active Member

I'm not a sprint fan so I just don't go to those shows. Pretty simple concept.

5. ricky brown

Swappin Paint I totally agree just don't go cause I'm just one person right. I guess I'm the only one that feels this way oh no I forgot their is one more my son. if you would reread my post we moved to poplar bluff three yrs ago. oh also before we moved I went there for about 25 years

6. ricky brown

Well I surely can't afford to buy any track if you think I'm the only one that feels this way you people are missing my point its not because they run sprints there my point is that their having three different sprint organizations and having four nights scheduled there and absolutely NO modified shows

7. marks44

marks44 Member

Ricky all I do is get on here And Piss and moan about what tracks do and u don't have a dog in the fight go Piss up a rope

• Like Like x 1
  8. marks44

marks44 Member

Ricky mod racing at PEVELY is the best in the country and they are add in with some of the special shows but as a stand alone special people don' come see them to answer your question I believe they r the best

9. marks44

marks44 Member

I want to meet u when I come to PEVELY just tell security to get a old of Mark and tell him I are there and where to find you

10. ricky brown

11. ricky brown

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  12. 99

99 Active Member

ricky, Maybe the track in Poplar Bluff should have run the shows that you and your son like, and they would still be open....
    That brings another thought to mid, you could lease the PB track and try out your theory!!!!

THANX RICH

13. ricky brown

Well 99 maybe if I win the lottery I can hire you and you can run it what ya think

14. muddy mike

muddy mike Member

maybe West Plains or with Paducah opening back up they will have something more to your liking.

15. ricky brown

I don't have any problem with i-55 other than what I previously stated if you remember in a post #10. I stayed that i-55 is very close to the best in the country. As far as wanting to meet me no problem there when we come up there I'll contact you and we'll meet and go from there it won't be to hard to find me

16. ricky brown

Hey Mike when are you going to get it the thing is Not the track only one thing that I've spoken of several times not as much but we will still come there after all I do live in poplar bluff I will still come there once in awhile no matter what they run that wasn't my point at all just verbalizimg my thoughts jeez

17. muddy mike

muddy mike Member

Hey Ricky have you always been a douche bag or did you have to work at it ?

18. dmr37

dmr37 Member

o_Oyou seem to be cruising for a bruisingo_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. muddy mike

muddy mike Member

LOL i guess so. :rolleyes:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. ricky brown