Facts & Revisions to Late Model Unified Rules

Well, having perused the FAQs it is now blatantly obvious where these "rules" came from. The suppliers. Every single question is answered with "talk to your supplier" "talk to the fuel cell maker" "talk to your seat supplier".

I don't think I have ever seen a more blatant collusion between suppliers and sanctions to help the suppliers make money off the racers ever. It appears the suppliers are happy to sponsor the point funds with some freebies for the banquet as long as the sanction forces racers to buy all new upgraded high dollar equipment from them.

What a racket. So here's your choice: buy what they tell you so their buddies can rake it in or don't race.

UMP and Sam Driggers are the Obama Administration of dirt track racing!

You racers need to grow a set. Boycott the banquet...PRI etc. Voice you opinion loudly with the track owners and promoters. You are the ones who have control if you stick together and stop being sheeple!

one of the issues is there is almost no pool of used equipment of this kind available to the lower $$ racer - how can US LOW $$ racers warrant spending thousands to run for a few 100 $$ - they should have posted the rules then let us start with 1 rule - the seat for example - I could even afford a seat - but to force ALL the new requirments will be cost prohibitive --JMO

There going to make latemodels just a touring series and not a local weekly division. Plus they have done a lot of this on there own by approving everything to make you go faster and faster every time someone has asked for more in there motors rearend trannys etc. so that's why racing is only becoming a big sponsored or deep pocket racers and the little budget racers that made this sport are leaving. Jmo

And everyone just sits around in disappointment as track after track close.

Godfrey. Montgomery County. Mt Vernon. Flora.

Its time for some outside the box thinking. And if guys want to race, start thinking about racing something that is not the biggest HP, most expensive transmission, most expensive shocks and chassis.

I would hope that a lot of the LM guys would make the decision to leave LM to the traveling racers and go back to racing B mods or Street Stocks. Bring back a good, budget friendly sportsman class. Get 4 cylinders back to roll cages, racing seats and fuel cells. Make racing fun and affordable again. Quit favoring the deep pocket people and ensure their money can't buy wins with a single hard tire for all, no grooving or siping.

Or everyone can just spectate at the few tracks that will be left watching the wealthy pursue a hobby that used to be fun for everyone.

I probably spend less on my latemodel than some B mods, and do probably better than I should with what I spend. It's the sanctioning bodies killing the latemodels. They can be affordable but the rules have changed that. Get the rules back to the bodies we used in the late 90s and run a spec tire without alterations and it would be easier for the budget guys to race.
Everyone needs to realize with these rules they will trickle down to lesser classes. Us latemodels are not all that much faster and in my view are much safer than the other classes. Insurance companies will push this along with certain manufacturers ect. And eventually everyone will be forced to comply.

That's my plan Rusty. Although it's going to prevent me investing anything more into my operation. Just in case they do decide enforce this crap. I been doing this 30 years and 25 of them in a latemodel. I've seen many more injuries in lesser classes and have have lost more racing friends from the ride to and from the tracks. This just kills the class off. And eventually all racing.

And everyone just sits around in disappointment as track after track close.

Godfrey. Montgomery County. Mt Vernon. Flora.

Its time for some outside the box thinking. And if guys want to race, start thinking about racing something that is not the biggest HP, most expensive transmission, most expensive shocks and chassis.

I would hope that a lot of the LM guys would make the decision to leave LM to the traveling racers and go back to racing B mods or Street Stocks. Bring back a good, budget friendly sportsman class. Get 4 cylinders back to roll cages, racing seats and fuel cells. Make racing fun and affordable again. Quit favoring the deep pocket people and ensure their money can't buy wins with a single hard tire for all, no grooving or siping.

Or everyone can just spectate at the few tracks that will be left watching the wealthy pursue a hobby that used to be fun for everyone.
We'll said!!!!!

Back