Federated Auto Parts @ I-55 Fall Nationals on 9/27/14 (divisions running)

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
This was announced in the driver's meeting Saturday..

UMP Late Models
UMP Modifieds
UMP/AARA Sportsman
UMP/AARA Pro 4 Stocks
UMP B-Mods (didn't specify what rules they are going to use)

Just as everyone figured, the street stocks get the shaft from what was a big show designed for the lower classes. And the reason I have heard is silly as well

And people wonder why the street stock numbers are down,because we're always getting dropped off as a support class at shows. Guys just get tried of it and either have moved up or just quit all together.

If they want the car counts tri-city is getting, they'll run TCS B-Mod rules. Allows all area cars to run and are very even for the different rules packages that each track has. Plus guys can stay in the area Friday after granite and run I-55 Saturday. JMO. If they run those then we'll be there, if not we'll sit on jack stands til 2015.

Its probably got more to do with a couple of years ago the street stocks was giving their chance to run full time at I-55 and hardly anyone showed up. What makes you think it would change now?

Didn't mention running there full time, this race has been going on a long time and was a big event for the street stocks that we all look forward to as the last race of the season and our chance to finally run i55 that we all enjoy to do

lol^^^^ because every year that We STREET STOCKS ran down there for the fall nationals we packed the house and packed the stands granite cars highland cars b ville cars and even brownstown cars we loved it it was mostly everbodys last race for the year we made it a full day bbqingand all....
they gave us a chance to run weekly before and gave everybody 3 weeks to build cars in that area ,they dont really have street stocks in that area of Mo as we are all mostly STL and IL cars...sounds like a fu$%^ deall all the way around and for the rumor that allied cars cant keep up with granite cars is a joke !!! I remember getting passed in a wheelie from a belleville car at granite so that aint got nothing to do with it at all...If thats the problem why dont everybody start teching

alright ok , ITS HARD TO OUT RUN MONEY
Then do what the rest of us do. Go to 20 places and get 1 sponsor. And do that over and over again. Take whatever you can get. Don't give up keep going back with pictures and stats. Be professional and sell your driver and your car. Times are tough out there it is harder than it ever has been. Be persistent. And keep your car looking good. I have tons of sharpies and paint pens and almost every week I work on the car. Trying to keep the sponsor and their address and phone # out there to be legible. Sometimes you just can't fix it but do the best you can. It won't come to you - go out there and get. If you want it bad enough you can do it....

don't seem to matter what b-mod rules they use--the last winner at a open show was a 3 link-second was a 3 link with a crate motor------at flora the crate 3 link won

Don,
Are you going to go by tri-city b-mod rules for this show-which would be great jmo- kinda need to know, thank you!

I was told that they decided not to run street stock because the Granite cars rules give them an advantage. And I would agree with that to a point. Granite allows aftermarket clutches and heads. I know they dont want to tech like they used to and thats the only way to keep a even playing field. I believe I can run with the Granite cars with my car allied legal but it does cause a lot of controversy. It has more to do with bringing in b mods which I think is where they are putting their future JMO. This is a result of tracks not sticking together on a set of rules plain and simple. Yeah I wanted to run Pevely but is what it is .

Back