Federated Auto Parts @ I-55 Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 releases 2016 schedule

What gives with the Nationals in September? I see the 17th is open, but the Nationals have been a long standing closing for I-55.

Wow it will be tough for any locals to make that show there will only be 19 open spots after 5 provisional starters ,2 woo 2 SN and 1 track ,woo normally has 12 regulars and sn 8-10 hitters should be a great show for the fans

This makes zero sense for the local racer to even show up. Do they pay the $125 WOO entry fee? You are inviting locals to stay home. The SN race is a big deal for the local racer and a good local racer has a decent chance to win. Now there is zero chance! Our problem is with local racing. Decisions like this just kill it.

I bitch at people all the time for finding the problem but not the solution...so here's an idea. All local racers, (define that as you wish) will get in free, including no WOO fee. One of these racers, who otherwise doesn't make the race, will be drawn at random to compete in the feature. Last suggestion ......run these types of ideas by the local racers and fans before you commit.

There is no sanction fee for this event..

I think we need some new ideas at tracks for special events...

Outlaws vs Hell Tour!!

There is no sanction fee for this event..

I think we need some new ideas at tracks for special events...

Outlaws vs Hell Tour!!
You are still chasing off the locals. How many will use up their equipment with a small chance to make the feature. I have seen this before... A track raises the purse to draw in other regional racers and it results in the same number of locals staying home. Happens even in a $2000 to win show. This is 100 times worse but good luck.

Also, what is the pit pass cost? Local racers and fans should know this now.

I'm pretty sure pit passes are the normal $35 SN pit pass that I-55 charged last year.

Tracks in northern Illinois were charging $40 for pit passes last year for $5,000 to win SN shows.

We don't pay the 20-30$ gate fee to see locals anyway. Especially ones not fast enough to make a big show feature. Thanks i55 for getting a Woo late model show!

I think it's an odd show!! SN guys working their asses off for a month looking at the big picture and guys racing for WoO points and some racing for that notes purse. Glad to see a WoO show but wish it was a stand alone. Would rather see the SN show by it's self!!! JMO

It is almost impossible to get a WoO show that doesn't go up against some other big late model show somewhere, unless it is very early spring or late fall. I-55 thought they had a date on Oct 1, but the UMP Fall Nationals at Eldora was put on that date. There were just no other dates that worked.. The old Pepsi Nationals date is now the weekend of the Knoxville Late Model Nationals.

Al is correct that was the first thing I thought was what locals would show up? the tracks harp that they need locals to help pay the purse.this race drew good enough cars without needing the outlaws!

locals don't show up for specials at i-55 anyway. when highland is off do those guys show up no they don't. so really everybody is bitching just to bitch.

Back