Food for thought

PITMAN1

While I don't personally own or drive a car I have been involved with racing for 10+ years. To some this may be useless chatter, but I've heard no one else saying it. Regardless of anyone's stance on U.M.P. there is more to the decline in participants/viewers at any local Friday/Saturday night race track. I won't take any shots at promoters specifically they aren't innocent in this, but at the same time aren't necessarily guilty. Drivers and crews also need to look in the mirror.

What I'm getting at with this is ump is pulling money out of our pockets with the premium they get from tire purchases, memberships, weekly sanction fees, and whatever else to pay for their premier series.

Promoters...this is a show. If no one is watching there is no need to put the show on. Keep shows moving. I don't need to be there until the birds start chirping. Remain CONSISTENT on your calls and be fair to ALL. Give your racers a surface to compete on; I assure you no driver or fan wants to be involved in high speed follow the leader.

Lastly drivers/crew this is a show if you want a stage to play on we need to conduct ourselves with some manner of professionalism. Be ON TIME for a race. Have your equipment prepared and presentable. Have respect for one another...a few examples. No brake check starts, don't grind one another into the fence for position(especially from tenth on back you all get the same check), keep your car to itself (it gets a little less expensive if you aren't buying parts every week), quit driving over your shoulder (you actually go faster looking forward), and so many more. We can throw all of the rocks we want at any one party, but this is a co-dependent relationship. I might be wrong just how I see it. Jim Ripperda

Back